Summer Intern - Rep-Seq Research Team
The Summer @ (COMPANY NAME) Intern Program has been developed to provide students with a fun yet rewarding summer through hands-on experience and numerous opportunities to network with other interns as well as employees in the organization. Additionally, we help our students meet their career development and educational goals while potentially building a future with the (COMPANY NAME) organization. Leveraging the education you received already, we hope to give you an opportunity to grow and develop with us!
* Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university during program calendar year 2019
* Completed at least 2 years of college/university to be eligible for the program.
* Must have a ≥3.0 GPA
* Minimum availability of 12 weeks (Required start on or before program Welcome Reception and end date on or after Summer End Poser Symposium).
* Previous experience in the job duties listed, either through course work or industry/academia
* Participation in student organizations and/or other leadership experience
* The Rep-Seq team within (COMPANY NAME) Diagnostics is pioneering a new tumor sampling protocol aimed at preserving the diversity of solid tumors at the genomic, transcriptomic, and cellular levels. We have active academic collaborations with leading cancer research institutes, and are sponsoring a clinical feasibility study with a recognized cancer center.
* Students will dissociate solid tumors and analyze cellular composition
* Training on flow cytometry and sorting of specific cellular populations
* Processing of clinical samples for genomic analysis
* Background in biology, molecular biology, or cancer biology
* Some wet lab experience (i.e. completed labs during coursework)
What you will learn:
* Novel tumor processing methods
* Single cell analysis technologies including flow cytometry
* DNA/RNA purification methods
* Hands on experience in clinical feasibility studies
Given the current uncertainty of the global pandemic and work from home situation for 2021, the majority of internships are currently planned to be virtual with the option for interns to work remotely from within U.S. Borders. Internships that operate in business critical roles, such as Operations and Research & Development may require you to work on campus. We will keep candidates informed if this changes.
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at Ux.email@example.com