Imagine getting hands-on work experience at one of the world's leading beauty companies. (COMPANY NAME) Americas is excited to offer a 9-week summer internship opportunity; June 7 - August 6, xxx1. We are seeking an innovative and ambitious student who is passionate about science and eager to gain skills and industry knowledge to help prepare for the workforce.
The Analytical Lab Intern is expected to assist chemists in their lab work. Training will be provided. Special assignment may be assigned to the individual as needed.
* Under the supervision of chemists and other team members, they perform lab activities, such as preparing sample / chemical solutions and weighing production samples including data entry. They may also conduct tests, interpret and analyze data, compile results, prepare reports, and present his/her conclusions. As time progresses, lab intern can conduct a greater number of tasks.
* The individual would have opportunities to learn the concept of GLP (Good lab Practice) as well as the skills -- state of arts analytical instruments and be able to operate instruments independently.
* Ideally the individual needs to have some basic chemistry/chemical background. Some lab experience would be helpful but not required. Familiarity of Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, Power point) is required. Must be able to commute and work in lab wearing lab coat and safety glasses.
* The following are special equipment and software the intern will learn to use to accomplish the above tasks.
* Perkin Elmer's elemental analyzer ICP (Inductive Coupled Plasma); Shimatzu HPLC (High Pressure Liquid Chromatography) system (hardware and software); Other wet chemistry techniques, such as chemical extraction manually and instrumentally and sample digestion
* The intern must be able to operate instruments independently and participate the main lab projects related to instrument validation; method validation; raw materials qualifications for existing and new formularies. A presentation is expected at the end of internship terms to lab management.
* Summer Internship: 5 days a week, 35 hours/week
* Must be actively enrolled in matriculating college degree program (cannot already have graduated from college)
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite especially excel. Experience with Microsoft TEAMS is desired but not required.
* Undergraduate student with science degree, or, having had other science-chemistry-based internships, or, have a strong interest in chemistry/R&D work \
* Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and be highly organized
* Energetic, self-motivated, results oriented
* Able to commute to East Windsor, NJ and work in a laboratory/office, work environment within the manufacturing/R&D facility. Due to the nature of the work conducted in East Windsor, the manufacturing facility is currently operating on a 5-day-week schedule. We anticipate that this will continue to be the in effect by summer 2021 and will need intern to anticipate making a full commitment to being in-the-office, 5 days/week, in order to perform the internship responsibilities.
(COMPANY NAME) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law
|Posted on:||13 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||2 months|