Imagine getting hands-on work experience at one of the world's leading beauty companies. (COMPANY NAME) Americas is excited to offer a 9-week summer internship opportunity; June 7 - August 6, xxx1. We are seeking an innovative and ambitious student who is passionate about science and eager to gain skills and industry knowledge to help prepare for the workforce.
This internship will be working within the Americas Innovation Center in East Windsor, New Jersey and will have access to all brands that are within (COMPANY NAME) America's prestigious portfolio of luxury brands; NARS, bareMinerals, BUXOM, Drunk Elephant and (COMPANY NAME). This internship position will specifically be shared between the Technical Information and Safety & Quality groups. They are looking for an intern who is willing to learn and to get involved in the business operations at-hand.
The three core components of this internship are:
* Fully participate in day to day activities/business operations of the assigned department and successfully handle all internship responsibilities.
* Participate in the weekly Summer Intern Events sponsored by the corporate Talent Acquisition Team. These events include Intern Activities, Learning & Development, Social Networking and Career Support.
* Manage and deliver a final project with a presentation at the end of the internship.
Intern will be responsible for
* Learning and conducting internal consumer studies. Optimizing and creating an automation method to enable more efficient data analysis. Data are collected from online consumer evaluation.
* Getting familiar with cosmetic product safety evaluation process and the regulatory requirement on cosmetic product safety report (CPSR). Building a digital tool of utilizing current safety data of cosmetic ingredients in database to generate standard CPSR.
* Learning and conducting internal cosmetic product evaluation studies: tasks include but not limited to recruiting panelists, planning a study and tracking samples.
* Analyze data collected from each study. Optimizing and creating new methods to enable more efficient data analysis, for example: arrange data automatically, and conduct some simple calculation automatically.
* To become familiar with the process of cosmetic raw material and finished product safety evaluation and the location of the relevant data in the system.
* By using IT and computer programing technology to build a tool or a program to automatically generate cosmetic product safety report.
* Summer Internship: 5 days a week, 35 hours/week
* Must be actively enrolled in matriculating college degree program (cannot already have graduated from college)
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite especially excel. Experience with Microsoft TEAMS is desired but not required.
* Undergraduate student with science degree, or, having had other science-chemistry-based internships, or, have a strong interest in chemistry/R&D work with a computer-science major.
* Must have experience in creating database and able to write simple computer programs. (sql, phyton, etc).
* Will need to be able to create data bases and teach staff how to use/maintain the databases after internship ends.
* Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and be highly organized
* Energetic, self-motivated, results oriented
* Able to commute to East Windsor, NJ and work in a hybrid, laboratory/office, work environment within the manufacturing/R&D facility. Due to the nature of the work conducted in East Windsor, the manufacturing facility is currently operating on a 5-day-week schedule and only occasionally utilizes remote work. We anticipate that this will continue to be the in effect by summer 2021 and will need intern to anticipate making a full commitment to being in-the-office, 5 days/week, in order to perform the internship responsibilities.
(COMPANY NAME) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law
|Posted on:||13 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||2 months|