(COMPANY NAME) Design Research sits within (COMPANY NAME)'s Product organization. Payments are changing with new players, experiences and expectations. Over half of (COMPANY NAME)'s volume is now digital, and many market trends are affecting how (COMPANY NAME) and our clients do business. For that reason, the Product team is focused on a holistic product strategy that allows (COMPANY NAME) to ship products faster that are more relevant to the local markets in which (COMPANY NAME) does business. The organization is at the forefront of thinking and working differently at (COMPANY NAME), particularly as we transform how we design, build and ship products globally for the future.
Our Design Research team focuses on generative and iterative user research for projects with external partners, Product, Innovation, and (COMPANY NAME) Consulting Analytics. We provide consulting, strategy, guidance, and execution of a full spectrum of user research services including information architecture, survey design, user interviews, design thinking workshops and usability testing. We find a rewarding sense of purpose in the inherent opportunity to make things better and easier for the real people who use the products (COMPANY NAME) creates.
As a Design Research intern, some potential responsibilities and projects during the internship may include:
* You'll be immersed in various types of research (generative, iterative, and summative) throughout the course of your internship
* Learn to perform heuristic reviews, assist with survey creation, help create and lead design thinking workshops, and facilitate user interviews, usability testing, and RITE testing
* Become familiar with a number of remote research tools, and learn to synthesize data to create top quality deliverables summarizing research findings and providing recommendations for improvement
* Present and speak on research findings to stakeholders
* Pursuing a Master's degree in Social Science (Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, etc.), Human Centered Design, English, Communications, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, CIS/MIS, Business or a related field, graduating December 2021 or later
* Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
* Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
* Classwork or experience with social science research, survey design, statistics, quantitative, or qualitative research methods appreciated but not required
* Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, and HTML prototypes appreciated but not required
* Ability to ask for help when needed and address problems in a timely and thoughtful manner
* Strong independent problem-solving skills, self-direction, and innovative thinking The ability to take on challenges and address problems head-on
* Strong ability to collaborate
* Highly driven, resourceful and results oriented
* Good team player and excellent interpersonal skills
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills
* Demonstrated ability to lead and navigate through ambiguity
* Permanent authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. (COMPANY NAME) will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
* This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
* This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
* This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
(COMPANY NAME) is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (COMPANY NAME) will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Videos To Watch
|Posted on:||14 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|