Are you Interested in Renewable Energy? Have a passion for Machine Learning and applying it to the industrial internet of things (IIoT)?
As a co-op/intern of the Renewable Energy Data Science Program, you will contribute to the development and deployment of modern analytic algorithms to drive operational efficiency and increase performance of Wind Turbine Generators.
GE has an installed base of more than 30,000 wind turbines around the world, that each have operational data including 50+ sensors (temperatures, pressures, speeds, etc.) and over 1,000 virtual sensor signals with resolutions ranging from 1-second to 10-minute data that can be combined with configuration and maintenance data to provide a large, complex data set.
p>In this role, you will be part of a cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects. These teams typically include statisticians, data scientists, data engineers, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in GE business units. You will use a variety of modern analysis techniques to find structure and insights from data and convert these insights into field actions that drive efficiency, improve reliability, and increase performance of assets.
* Pursuing Master's or PhD Degree in a "STEM" major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or MBA
* GPA: minimum 3.0 in Major
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
* Self-starters who thrive on change, are flexible and enthusiastic about developing their careers
* Passion for renewable energy and active participation in renewable energy forums, coursework, and/or events
* Some experience with statistical and analytic programming (e.g., Python, R, Spark, SQL, etc.)
* Some experience with key statistical techniques and machine learning models (e.g., feature selection, supervised/unsupervised learning, regression/classification, cross-validation, clustering, time-series forecasting, etc.)
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; New York; Schenectady
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening