GE Global Research is looking for interns specializing in the areas of Controls and Optimization. The interns will conduct research on control, real-time optimization, operations research, supply chain optimization, and cybersecurity as applied to industrial challenges across aviation, additive manufacturing, energy, healthcare, and transportation domains.
At GE Global Research, scientists, engineers, and technicians work to provide GE's businesses and strategic partners with technical innovations for their future generation products, processes and services. This internship opportunity will help the students to gain valuable hands-on experience and get a critical jump start on a career in industrial research.
The interns will be working side by side with experts in the field, completing challenging technical projects, applying their theoretical knowledge to real-life technical problems, and developing skills in a cutting edge global environment. Opportunities for networking and showcasing project accomplishments are offered.
This internship opportunity will help students gain valuable hands-on experience and get a critical jump start on a career in industrial research.
* Must be currently enrolled in a doctoral degree program in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Sciences or a related field in an accredited college or university.
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
* Must be 18 years or older
* Must submit your application for employment on the careers page at wxx.xxxxxxxxx.xxm to be considered
* Strong academic performance (e.g. publications) with research orientation
* Strong interpersonal skills, initiative, high self-confidence and have goals for a career in industrial research
* Experience in presentation, speaking, organizational, and problem-solving skills, thorough attention to detail
* Ability to adapt to change and willingness to be flexible in a global team environment
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. wxx.xx.xxm
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; New York; Niskayuna
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening