Join the Mass Merch Sales team this spring as a remote intern! The Mass Merch team sells our books to stores likeWalmart, Target, Costco, Sam's, BJ's, Hudson and other airport stores, supermarkets, and ReaderLink.
Our spring program will be completely remote.The program has been structured to allow for as much flexibility as possible, while also providing valuable educational programming and time for team-building amongst interns.The program will run from March 1 through May 7. Interns will be required to work 14 OR 21 hours perweek at $17/hour, depending on the availability of the intern. Once the schedule is confirmed at the beginning of the program, the intern will not be able to switch between the 14 and 21 hour option. The recruitment team is searching for applicants who identify with groups that are traditionally underrepresented in the publishing industry.
Please submit a separate cover letter for each opportunity you apply to - applications without cover letters will not be considered.
You can submit up to five different cover letters at a time by uploading them to your profile and naming them after the positions.
* Conducts competitive (other publisher) research.
* Performs online research.
* Works with individual members of the Adult Books Sales team to become familiar with various account needs/work on account projects.
* Gathers galleys and coordinates mailings of key titles.
* Attends Key Adult Publishing meetings - Marketing/Operations/Sales and Marketing/Status Meetings.
* Generates ad hoc sales reports upon request from sales leadership.
* Must be looking for a full-time role/eligible to work in a full-time capacity in 2021/2022
* Weekly hours are flexible however, applicants MUST be available on Monday, March 1 from 12-3pm EST for orientation and every Friday during the 10 weeks from 1-2:30pm EST for programming
* Applicants must be eligible to work and be paid in the United States
* Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
* Applicants MUST submit a cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
* Why must I be available on the dates noted above?
* In order to have the most fulfilling experience possible while still allowing for flexibility, we have grouped classes and team building into blocks of time that interns can prepare for in advance. This programming is interactive.
* Why is it 14 OR 21 hours per week?
* We wanted to allow for flexibility for those who may have classes or a part-time job.
* Can I work on weekends?
* Working on weekends is not permitted. Our office hours are M-F 9-5 EST but some flexibility outside of this window will be allowed but must be worked out with supervisor in advance.
* What is the application deadline?
* The deadline to apply is 11:59pm EST on Friday, January 22.
Job Locations US-NY-New York
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
|Posted on:||12 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|