We are currently seeking an intern to work with the Strategy, Innovation, Analytics and Business Development teams.
The Strategy and Innovation team is looking at the future of reading, how to sell stories to the customers of tomorrow, how to get our authors' stories into the hands of more people, what innovations will impact the book industry, and so much more. It's an exciting set of questions and the team works with all parts of the business and across all HC global offices to find these answers!
The Analytics team functions supports sales and business development at HarperCollins. It reviews multiple data sources to extract the latest consumer, sales and retail trends - and shares them with the business in collaboration with sales.
The Digital Business Development team seeks to put HarperCollins books into the hands of more readers through deals with retailers, subscription services, libraries and schools. We're continually seeking new opportunities to distribute our content to new vendors, on new business models and in new formats.
Our spring program will be completely remote.The program has been structured to allow for as much flexibility as possible, while also providing valuable educational programming and time for team-building amongst interns.The program will run from March 1 through May 7. Interns will be required to work 14 OR 21 hours perweek at $17/hour, depending on the availability of the intern. Once the schedule is confirmed at the beginning of the program, the intern will not be able to switch between the 14 and 21 hour option. The recruitment team is searching for applicants who identify with groups that are traditionally underrepresented in the publishing industry.
Please submit a separate cover letter for each opportunity you apply to - applications without cover letters will not be considered.
You can submit up to five different cover letters at a time by uploading them to your profile and naming them after the positions.
Specific projects for this internship will be determined based on applicant skillset. Potential projects include:
* Identifying top technology and consumer trends impacting the publishing business from a business and innovation perspective.
* Ad hoc strategy and innovation projects - either independent or supporting.
* Supporting the Analytics team in analysis and reporting on ad-hoc projects.
* Ebook and audiobook sales analysis.
* Must be looking for a full-time role/eligible to work in a full-time capacity in 2021/2022
* Weekly hours are flexible however, applicants MUST be available on Monday, March 1 from 12-3pm EST for orientation and every Friday during the 10 weeks from 1-2:30pm EST for programming
* Ability to gather lots of information and consolidate it into Exec-level communication
* Ability to use PowerPoint well, Excel proficiency and analytical skills, Word proficiency
* Basic understanding of statistics and data analysis, and be comfortable reading and interpreting cross-tabular survey data.
* Applicants must be eligible to work and be paid in the United States
* Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
* Applicants MUST submit a cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
* Why must I be available on the dates noted above?
* In order to have the most fulfilling experience possible while still allowing for flexibility, we have grouped classes and team building into blocks of time that interns can prepare for in advance. This programming is interactive.
* Why is it 14 OR 21 hours per week?
* We wanted to allow for flexibility for those who may have classes or a part-time job.
* Can I work on weekends?
* Working on weekends is not permitted. Our office hours are M-F 9-5 EST but some flexibility outside of this window will be allowed but must be worked out with supervisor in advance.
* What is the application deadline?
* The deadline to apply is 11:59pm EST on Friday, January 22.
Job Locations US-Remote
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
|Posted on:||12 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|