Do you see yourself as a Beverage Server? What's your passion? Whether you're into travel, design or the latest in culinary adventure, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care, creativity and passion to their work, their craft, as they do their personal pursuits - people who will put our guest experience at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our savvy team of hotel professionals. At InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta our team members are full of neighborhood knowledge; they know where to find the hidden gems worth exploring. Thats the InterContinental Buckhead Hotel way. When youre part of the InterContinental Buckhead Team you're more than just than just your work - you are part of the experience. We thrive in celebrating the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are. The InterContinental Buckhead is looking for people who are energetic, approachable and cultured with a sense of fun; always curious to discover more and to share inspired suggestions with our guests, with our partners and with each other. This position has overall responsibility for providing fast and courteous beverage service to guest and ensuring quality presentation per established standards. You may also provide service of food from the restaurant and/or assist the Bartender with set-up and maintenance of appetizers or happy hour buffet.
Disclaimer: Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants
* Perform administrative duties such as typing proposals, letters, contracts, etc. Collect data, update data-bases, and complete departmental monthly reports.
* May coordinate outside vendor services needs (floral displays, audio/visual, etc.) where appropriate. Regularly follow-up to ensure set-up requirements meet client needs.
* Perform other duties as assigned (guest room tours, property tours, special guest requests, maintaining calendars, answering phones and routing to appropriate sales staff, handling of mail, faxes, etc.)
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
High School diploma or equivalent plus 1 year experience in a sales/catering office or related field. Some College preferred. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
* Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
* Type at least 50 wpm; proficient PC computer skills Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
* Communicating with customers, employees, and third parties
* Use a keyboard to generate correspondence, reports, etc.
* Handling objects, products and computer equipment
* Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with clients and guests.
* Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
* Basic math skills are used frequently.
* May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
|Posted on:||14 May 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|