(COMPANY NAME)™ understands that the foundation of intelligence-driven security is people. The company's open and extensible threat intelligence platform, ThreatQ™, and cybersecurity situation room solution, ThreatQ Investigations, empower security teams with the context, customization, and prioritization needed to make better decisions, accelerate detection and response, and advance team collaboration. Leading global companies use (COMPANY NAME) solutions as the cornerstone of their security operations and threat management system. (COMPANY NAME) is headquartered in Northern Virginia with an Engineering office in Mt. Airy, Maryland, and European operations based out of the UK and France. (COMPANY NAME) is led by experienced security professionals from Sourcefire, iSight, and General Dynamics and has as its' principal investor New Enterprise Associates (NEA). For more information, visit https://wxx.xxxxxxx.xxx.
The (COMPANY NAME) Technical Publications team seeks a Technical Writer Intern with the ability to write clear and concise documentation for our customers and partners. The ideal candidate should be a college senior, recent graduate, or graduate student in a Technical/Professional/Scientific Writing or equivalent program.
* Primarily responsibility will include editing and publishing (COMPANY NAME) Platform Integrations Documentation.
* Perform peer edits for other writers
* Provide ongoing updates to documentation, cadence based on (COMPANY NAME)'s product releases and roadmap
* Learn and practice the (COMPANY NAME) Technical Publications team processes and procedures
The ideal candidate will demonstrate characteristics and experiences to include:
* Strong attention to detail
* Expert-level grasp of grammar, spelling, and standard style conventions (such as APA, MLA, and Chicago)
* Ability to develop written material based on pre-existing content or based on research and interviews
* Ability to communicate effectively and maintain good relationships and work effectively with other team members
* Ability to manage schedule and workload to successfully work multiple projects simultaneously
* Current and direct experience using Microsoft Office and Google Suite products with limited instruction
* Demonstrable writing samples
Additional qualifications that will make you stand out:
* Proficiency with OSX, Windows, and various software applications, including:
* Desktop publishing tools, such as Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat
* Online Help authoring tools, such as Madcap Flare and Adobe RoboHelp
* Video recording/editing tools, such as Adobe Captivate and Camtasia
* Collaboration and defect tracking tools, such as JIRA and Confluence
* Experience in Cyber Security, especially in Threat Intelligence
* Experience with Agile development methodologies
(COMPANY NAME) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate, nor will tolerate discrimination, on the basis of race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, or handicap or disability