Position at (COMPANY NAME)
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we're changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We're a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our 1.8+ million members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we're at the forefront.
We're proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people's lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
Are you passionate about designing and building products that impact millions of people? Do you want to be part of an innovative team that is building the next generation of financial technology products and services? Are you excited by the opportunity to to execute at every stage of the design lifecycle, from concept to delivery, and see the immediate impact of your work? Are you excited about learning from mentors who can help shape your future? If so, we want you to join us at (COMPANY NAME) this summer!
As a (COMPANY NAME) Product Design Intern, you won't be sitting on the sidelines during your internship. You'll be working as a full-time member of our Product Design team, focused every day on building products and features that fulfill our mission to help our members get their money right. You will be embedded on an agile development team, partnered with Engineering, Product Design, User Experience Research, and Data Science to design flows and user experiences that are intuitive, simple, and delightful .
What You'll Do
* Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, and UX researchers to guide and manage user experience from concept through launch
* Support and/or conduct user research to better understand member needs and inform designs, including usability testing, interviews, competitive analysis, and data/metrics analysis
* Develop user flows and wireframes to demonstrate concepts, flows, and system requirements
* Create detailed specifications for user interface interactions and designs
* Identify key personas and user scenarios
* Incorporate UI/UX best practices and adapt designs for responsive formats
* Participate in design reviews, giving and soliciting feedback from other designers
* Contribute to design thinking at (COMPANY NAME) with a focus on how we approach and solve customer problems
* Present your summer project/work to (COMPANY NAME)'s senior leadership team, including our CEO
What You'll Need
* Currently enrolled in year two of a Masters program in HCI, Design, or related design field (or year 3 of a Bachelor's degree in a design related field)
* Relevant coursework in product design, user experience, and/or HCI
* Ability to execute on visual and interaction design work
* Ability to understand and discuss high-level about product strategy and vision
* Strong product intuition and user empathy
* Intellectual curiosity and an affinity for solving problems
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal; ability to present your design ideas and decisions clearly
Nice to have
* Previous start-up or development experience (internship, hackathon, etc)
* Link to portfolio featuring examples of interaction design wor
Why you'll love working here:
* Competitive salary packages and bonuses
* Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
* Generous vacation and holidays
* Paid parental leave for eligible employees
* 401(k) and education on retirement planning
* Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
* Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
* Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
* Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
* Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
(COMPANY NAME) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
|Posted on:||10 Jun 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|