xxxx0; Who we are
(COMPANY NAME) is the healthcare super-app offering personalised healthcare & wellbeing to our members.
Founded in 2016 by Jean-Charles Samuelian and Charles Gorintin, (COMPANY NAME) is the first independent digital health insurance in France since 1986.
By providing our members with delightful health insurance bundled with innovative healthcare services, (COMPANY NAME)'s long-term goal is to help all people have a personalized and accessible healthcare experience.
As of today, (COMPANY NAME) covers more than 250,000 members, representing over EUR160m+ of annualized revenue. We recently raised a further EUR185m in a series D funding round bringing the company's total valuation to EUR1.4bn. The team is 450+ people and growing. We recently landed in Spain xxxx6;xxxx0; and Belgium xxxx3;xxxx6;, and guess what: the best is yet to come!
xxxx4; How we do it?
At (COMPANY NAME), we have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Distributed Ownership. We empower everyone to make courageous decisions and to work asynchronously.
- Radical Transparency. We take all our decisions in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We're no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We push for excellence by focusing on uncomfortable A+ problems.
xxxx2; Underrepresented folks...
Science shows that you are less likely to apply if you feel you don't have all the necessary prerequisites. If this description matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply.
We strive to make our culture as inclusive as possible and believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We have an open salary & equity policy combined with a transparent career path: we base our people decisions on objective criteria.
- We have flexible working hours and leave policy.
- We trust people to work remotely
- We extended the length of parental leave and value this time as professional experience.
- We respect our coworkers gender identity and use their names, pronouns and agreements no matter their legal status.
- We make tough decisions if we see discriminatory remarks.
As Legal Intern, you will :
- Support the Legal Counsel and take ownership on a wide variety of legal issues. The issues vary according to the company's priorities but always cover a wide range of topics (from product/engineering questions on product features, to data protection and IP issues, contract reviews & negotiations, to board meeting preparation, M&A due diligence, and mediation procedures with (COMPANY NAME)'s insureds).
- Contribute to enabling Alaners to make the best decisions autonomously (in line with our push for distributed ownership!). You'll do this by being in charge of creating innovative legal resources (like checklists, contract templates, videos to train the team), documenting issues, or recording answers to relevant questions for the whole team to use.
- Help strengthen (COMPANY NAME)'s privacy efforts. Like any company, (COMPANY NAME) has a GDPR compliance program that requires monitoring and updating. You will project manage as well as be the lead point of contact for the company's privacy referents with regards to the program, and be relied upon to make improvements and automate where possible. You'll also contribute to internal and external communication initiatives on privacy.
xxxx0; Key outcomes by the end of the internship
By the end of the internship period, you will have:
- Experienced the practical reality of being part of a small legal community at a hyper-growth start-up with a great culture! You'll have gained in pragmatism, business sense, and scrappiness, and you'll be armed to become a better lawyer.
- Learned to work directly with other communities (engineering, insurance, people, sales, marketing, finance, GDPR, risk etc.) on a wide scope of legal issues, and have become autonomous on the management of daily legal support to the rest of the team.
- You'll also have contributed innovative ideas to improve Legal team efficiency and to increase team autonomy. These skills will be highly valued down the line.
- Have contributed directly to at least one strategic company project (M&A, fundraising, new product launch, etc.) and acted as project coordinator for the company's GDPR compliance efforts.
xxxx2; Profile & competencies
Hard skills and qualifications we'll be looking for:
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a must. At (COMPANY NAME), everyone works in English. Fluency in French is preferred but NOT a hard requirement.
- Strong general legal knowledge, acquired through a degree in law (BA, conversion course or French M1 minimum).
- Knowledge in data protection law and commercial contracts. You'll be the ideal candidate if you have already worked on GDPR compliance audits or programs in-house or at a law firm.
- Experience in one of corporate, M&A, insurance, consumer or healthcare law would be highly valued.
- Interest in legal operations and dedication to making the Legal team's work more efficient and more useful to the company would be greatly appreciated (and would make your time at (COMPANY NAME) more fun!).
- French CRFPA preferred, stage PPI candidates encouraged (you'll learn things in your 6 months at (COMPANY NAME) that will make you a better lawyer!). LL.M., experience studying and/or working abroad, and/or foreign bar membership would be great but are not required.
Soft skills we think would make you a great fit:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to simplify, as you'll need to interact with non-lawyers on a daily basis.
- Pragmatism and product & business sense, showing that you understand the company's interests and support them.
- Self-starter and autonomous; you don't need detailed instructions, but you know when to ask questions.
- Organisational skills, rigour and attention to detail; you take pride in spotting inconsistencies and you write in a structured and clear way.
- You are a creative thinker and you want to explore beyond the things that have been done in the legal world before.
Fluency in spoken and written English + ability to draft in legal English
French fluency preferred but not required
Duration of the internship:
- 6 months, starting in July 2022
- Remote work possible
For more info on (COMPANY NAME)'s culture and the role of the Legal department, check out Marion Bergeret's interview with Legal Club Sandwich : https://wxx.xxxxxxx.xxx/xxxxx?x=xxxxxxxxxxM
xxxx8; Perks & Benefits
At (COMPANY NAME), we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks for them to be happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space in the headquarters, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience for those who want, with home office equipment sponsorship.
- We reward fairly. Competitive Salary and generous equity packages
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-cancelling headphones
- Flexible vacation policy. Alaners can organize their time off as they wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by (COMPANY NAME) for you and your family.
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits
- Learning & Training opportunities. A very flexible Training policy at (COMPANY NAME), free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.
Check out our Medium & blog for more info: https://mxxxxx.xxx/xxxn / https://bxxx.xxxx.xxm
|Posted on:||07 Apr 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|