At (COMPANY NAME) Transportation, 36,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time.
If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience.
For our Product Line Light Rail Vehicles (LRV) located in Vienna we are looking to recruit a flexible and motivated Functional Architect. S/He undertakes delegated responsibilities from the Lead Functional Architect to technically define, develop and lead the design areas of a rolling stock project or a bid. He/She is in charge of Product definition and performance. As part of the Vehicle Engineering team, Functional Architect performs the activities related to Functional Engineering process along the full V-cycle to:
* Ensure complete and correct set of functional specifications and interfaces are issued for the project,
* Develop suitable train architecture, concepts and design solutions,
* Ensure design solutions are valid and correctly integrated to meet the technical requirements in the form of a class leading, competitive and compliant rolling stock design.
* Analyse, clarify, consolidate and develop all the applicable functional and performances requirements at train level (Operability, Signalling, Customer expectations, regulation, and standards, Reliability, Availability and Safety) allocated from the Requirement Manager. Elaborate train functional architectures (command and control) to satisfy all the applicable functional and performance requirements with a particular focus on Safety and Availability performance.
* Define functional architectures, interfaces and perform trade-off studies to select the most suitable functional architecture while keeping aligned all the stakeholders (RAMS, System / TCMS, Electrical) and managing the configurations and changes
* Ensure key decisions regarding functional architecture, concepts and system technologies solutions are made in a timely manner to ensure bid and project deliveries can be achieved.
* Contribute to the Train functional integration validation while defining the means of proof and elaborating Test Specification
* Support Vehicle Engineering team in the planning and estimation of QCD for the scope of work
* Assist/ Support Lead Functional Architect / Chief Engineer to prepare and report functional architecture project progress, risks and key performance indicators (KPI)
* Minimum bachelor┤s degree or equivalent
* Work experience of typically more than 5 years post graduate
* Expertise in at least one area of specialism
* Fluent in English
The minimum salary for this position is EUR 2.xxx,x8 gross / month (14 x) for full-time employment according to the collective bargaining agreement. Overpayment depends on relevant work experience and qualifications.
Join us at cxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxm