At (COMPANY NAME) Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you'll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It's all about progress.
We are currently looking to recruit a flexible and motivated Designer Engineer for our site in Vienna. The Designer Engineer performs Fit-Out design in all phases. They contribute to engineering concepts and R&D projects. They also provide cost- and schedule estimates on engineering programs. The Designer Engineer also supervises a group of Design Engineers and is responsible for a complete building block.
* Designs Building Block components and engineering interfaces, gathers and analyses technical data, solves design problems, creates new design alternatives, participates in reliability- , safety- , and maintainability studies, and decides on optimum design approach.
* Reviews technical specifications and customer requirements, estimates costs and schedules, plans his own work respectively coordinates the engineering building -block team. Generates engineering reports, status reports, ECN's, D'Specs, technical proposals, patent disclosures, etc.
* Manages Best Cost engineering work-packages within the building block: responsible for design-cost, on-time delivery, resource alignment, work-package definition and approval.
* Demonstrates and documents engineering designs, develops system test procedures, participates in design reviews.
* Mentors less experienced engineers, designers and drafters
HTL, Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Work experience of minimum 5 years in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
CATIA V5 standard MS business suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint etc)
Strong sense of responsibility
Knowledge of tools like SAP, PMD
Language requirements: German- minimum C1 and English - minimum intermediate level
The minimum salary for this position is EUR 2.xxx,x8 gross / month (14 x) for full-time employment according to the collective bargaining agreement. Overpayment depends on relevant work experience and qualifications.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
(COMPANY NAME) Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry's broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, (COMPANY NAME) Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, (COMPANY NAME) Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries