We are currently looking for an ambitious and flexible Carbody/ Design Engineer for our Vienna site.
The Carbody/ Design Engineer performs carbody design in all design phase. They contribute to engineering concepts and provides advice and guidance to engineers, other designers and drafters. They must be knowledgeable and skilled in the use of relevant processes and standards.
* Determines the form, fit & function of the design & incorporates cost-effective & manufacturing concepts into the design. Also ensures that the designs are completed on time meeting project schedules.
* Design and layout of carbody modules and the corresponding work packages
* Support of production at the relevant locations and with suppliers
* Interprets customer specifications to ensure that the design is compliant. Understands and uses supplier design & manufacturing data to aid in the development of the design.
* Coordinates, tracks and manages external design and drafting efforts Mentors less experienced engineers, designers and drafters.
* Interfaces with engineering, purchasing, manufacturing and outside suppliers as needed
* Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Mechanical or equivalent
* 1-2 years work experience in Engineering or Project Management regarding Project execution
* CATIA V5 and standard MS business suite knowledge (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.)
* Sense of responsibility
* Fluent in German and English
* Knowledge of tools like SAP and PDM are beneficial
The minimum salary for this position is EUR 2.xxx,x8 / month (14 x) for full-time employment according to the collective bargaining agreement. Overpayment depends on relevant work .experience and qualifications.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
(COMPANY NAME) Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry's broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, (COMPANY NAME) Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, (COMPANY NAME) Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries