Gearbox Design Engineer
At (COMPANY NAME) Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you'll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It's all about progress.
We are currently looking to recruit a flexible and motivated GEARBOX DESIGN ENGINEER (m/f).
As per your daily activity, you will work on several kinds of railway drive units, from trams and metros up to very-high speed trains. You will carry out design work and assist in specific tasks related to all parts of gearbox design process, since concept development up to final evaluation. In addition, you will provide technical expertise in support of other departments and schedule estimates on engineering deliverables.
* Creating drive concepts and designing gearboxes for railway drive units.
* Defining and analysing gearbox requirements with internal and external partners.
* Engineering support for other functions in the international engineering team
* Contact with suppliers, customers and internal warranty and service teams.
* Performing engineering and design calculations.
* Participating in internal and external design reviews, preparing presentations and documentation.
* Definition of acceptance criteria for components and their technical acceptance
* Participating and leading gearbox investigations and examinations in root-cause analysis process.
* Preparing test specification, participating and supervising testing and measurements.
* Preparation of technical specifications for purchased parts (components or complete gearboxes and couplings)
* Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
* Experience in gearbox design or relevant education, basic knowledge of gearing calculation
* CATIA V5 medium experience, standard MS business suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Knowledge of calculation tools (KISSsoft, M-Design) an advantage
* Both German and English language skills are required for the role
* Strong sense of responsibility
The minimum salary for this position is 2xxx,x4 Euro gross pro Monat gross / month (14 x) for full-time employment according to the collective bargaining agreement.
Overpayment depends on relevant work experience and qualifications