The Financial Analyst will work directly with the Office Manager and Partners to promote efficiency within the billing department, assist with budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis. This position is responsible for establishing, implementing, and controlling the office's accounting processes.
* Help control, communicate and expedite month-end financial reporting process.
* Ensure transactions are timely reflected in the general ledger.
* Prepare accrual calculations for Corporate and Other taxes.
* Assist with interoffice transactions and settlements.
* Analyze monthly "financial performance" reports.
* Assist in creating and managing the office budget, including providing input on fixed asset transactions.
* Prepare cash flow projections.
* Keep management informed of issues affecting financial data.
* Meet with partners (or their delegates) on a monthly basis to review WIP and the billing status of all matters.
* Prepare and distribute prebills to attorneys. Prepare client invoices as required. Monitor the billing process to ensure that invoices are successfully submitted.
* Communicate with attorneys, secretaries and clients to address any billing questions or issues.
* Liaise with external accountants to facilitate statutory reporting requirements.
* Review vendor invoices and client invoices to verify appropriate taxes are considered.
* Liaise directly with banks regarding payments and cash management.
* Prepare ad hoc analyses as required.
* Experience working with Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable or in a Finance department within a law firm or professional services firm.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Portuguese.
* Ability to professionally interact with employees at all levels of the Firm with a focus on internal and external client service.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels of contact.
* Proficiency with spreadsheets, including data extracts.
* Must be organized and detail-oriented with excellent follow-through abilities.
* Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
* Ability to learn new systems.
* Minimum Bachelor's degree required in Accounting or Finance.
(COMPANY NAME) is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
Alongside world-class legal careers, (COMPANY NAME) offers excellent opportunities in the support functions that underpin its business operations. By joining our Business Professionals team, you will help us to innovate in the way we deliver our services and enable us to run a successful multinational business that never stands still. Business Professionals are integral to the running of the firm and are critical to its success.
It has been and continues to be the Firm's policy to provide equal opportunity and equal terms and conditions of employment to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, immigration status, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, genetic predisposition, or any other status protected by law.
Alternatives are available for individuals who are unable to use or access our online application system. For assistance, please contact (COMPANY NAME)'s Human Resources Department at Hx.firstname.lastname@example.org.