Rocket.Chat has a great opportunity for a technical writer with a proven ability to learn technical products and articulate complex subject matter, and translate difficult concepts into a clear and concise guidance accompanied with images and video for our ever-expanding global audience.
* We expect that you have strong experience in working with industry-specific authoring tools and enjoy discovering new tools and technologies to stay on the edge. You have a technical streak and have done some coding yourself;
* Exceptional planning, project management, and collaboration skills are required;
* An active participant within our globally distributed team of developers and other like-minded technical individuals, and will work with a variety of personalities, in both a team environment and as an individual contributor;
* Will take ownership and an active role in developing the customer-facing technical information, as well as sets new standards in documentation;
* Proven working experience in technical writing of product, user, and software documentation;
* Ability to deliver high-quality documentation paying attention to detail;
* Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures;
* Excellent written skills in English. Fluency in German, Portuguese, Spanish or another EU language a big plus;
* Basic familiarity with software development;
* University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred.
Nice to haves
* Coding experience and familiarity with Github
* Experience working with global open source projects
* Participation in the creation of a project from scratch.
What you will do ?
* Structure Rocket.Chat's documentation site (https://rxxxxx.xxxx/xxxs) for people to easily find and understand the content.
* Write high-quality docs that fit the specific needs of Rocket.Chat's diverse audience: global customers, open-source community, service operators, system administrators, developers, investors, and others
* Help optimize Rocket.Chat community's processes in open source documentation contribution
* Work with our open-source leaders to continuously engage, promote and onboard new open-source documentation contributors
* Work with product teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and user documentation requirements
* Work with the executive team to author white papers, business strategy documents, plans, and product roadmaps
* Publish monthly newsletters highlighting the new features and bug fixes with Rocket.Chat's monthly releases
* Regularly publish technical and non-technical blog posts, working with the Rocket.Chat team, at https://rxxxxx.xxxx/xxxg
* Assists in the planning and scripting of monthly tech video sessions and regular webinars
* Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
* Create tutorials to help end-users across a variety of applications
* Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities