Location: Praha, Czechia
(COMPANY NAME) people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
(COMPANY NAME) in the Czech Republic employs over 400 people from 45 different nationalities. A total of 15 teams work on projects for government agencies, banking, mobile services and the Internet Of Things (IoT) technology. At the core of our business is the development of software which we configure and embed in a multitude of different devices and form factors. These include many kinds of payment cards, SIM cards, travel passes, secure eBanking devices, authentication tokens, machine identification modules (MIM), and secure ID documents including ePassports, eID and eHealth cards, as well as eDriving licenses. Because of the international environment surrounding us every day, it comes as no surprise that English is our official corporate language.
As a Java software engineer, you will work closely with colleagues and customers to gather requirements, design, develop and implement integrated software and systems solutions in the fields of image processing, biometrics, automated fingerprint identification.
A week in the life of a Java Software Engineer:
* You will develop, enhance and configure biometric enrollment and identification product
* You will maintain and support existing biometric enrollment and identification product and troubleshoot current production system issues
* You will convert historical biometric and demographic records and ensure they are properly loaded into the new system as required by the project;
* You will develop server applications for multiple platforms such as Windows, Linux, AIX, etc.
* You will understand and adhere to design and coding procedures and standards
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* To succeed at this job, you must have experience developing software using Java/EE, experience with Computer Architecture, experience working with various operating systems including but not limited to Microsoft Windows, Linux or other UNIX variants.
* It would be preferred if you have experience working with relational databases, client-server system integration experience, familiar with network programming using TCP/IP, UDP, SOA knowledge and web service development experience.
* You must be fluent in English.
* We would like someone to join our team who is result driven and innovative, with excellent client facing, communication and interpersonal skills.
* You need to have Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other computer related fields.
* We are looking for someone mobile for frequent travelling with any number of years of experience in the computer industry.
At (COMPANY NAME) we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With (COMPANY NAME) employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now
|Posted on:||14 Jan 2021|
|Industry:||Aerospace / Defense|