HSE Field Support Denmark
DK, VidebŠk | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 1xxx0
Are you interested in developing your skills within the area of Health, Safety, and Environment? Do you thrive in innovative environments and collaboration with many different stakeholders? As an HSE Field Support, you get to develop a career within the wind energy leader and have a big influence in ensuring Vestas remains a safe workplace.
Vestas Northern and Central Europe is a sales business unit covering the Nordic countries, UK, Ireland, Poland, the Baltics, Germany, Benelux as well as Eastern Europe and south of Africa. With our headquarters in Hamburg, we are responsible for the sales function, project, installation, and service of wind farms throughout these regions. We strive to be the No. 1 performing business unit within Vestas, and we aim to make Vestas North and Central Europe the best place to work.
The QSE department is focused on making the world a better place today and protecting it for future generations. For this purpose, we have QSE professionals working for Vestas throughout the world.
We are now looking for an HSE Field Support to primarily support our projects across Denmark, with the default working place in VidebŠk. The HSE Field Support for Denmark will be reporting to the Team Lead for HSE Nordic.
You will mainly be responsible for supporting our service organization, but also other stakeholders in the company. Communication, alignment and create awareness on safety are lead words for the role. The position is office-based, but also involves field activities (~30%) to our sites and warehouses, visiting the people working in the field. The role involves going up in the turbine to make safety site inspections. Furthermore, your tasks will include:
* Implementation of local legal requirements, and strategies
* Follow up on subcontractors, including support of work risk assessments, and audits when needed
* Provide expertise and support in incident investigations, as well as root cause analysis
* Performing site visits and inspections
* Conduct HSE trainings and make sure training requirements are according to local legislation
* Guidance to other departments in coordination of activities with subcontractors, handling of wastes and chemicals, emergency response, implementation of procedures and standards
* Consolidate monthly reporting to stakeholders and other administrating tasks
* Alignment of the HSE organization and the Service organization
On the professional side, we are looking for someone with relevant work experience or that is a new graduate in a relevant field, such as Health and Safety, Risk Management, or Engineering. Please, see the general qualifications below:
* In-depth knowledge of sustainability standards and concepts, processes, procedures, and legal requirements regarding HSE
* Knowledge in hazard jobsite assessment/analysis/solution, risk assessments, incident investigation, and root cause analysis
* Knowledge in development/implementation of processes and procedures, including comprehensive HSE Plans, as well as conducting inspections and audits
* High proficiency in Danish and English
We consider your personal skills to be very important for this role, being in contact with many kinds of stakeholders. We are looking for someone who has:
* A natural health and safety approach and behavior related focus
* Solid social and collaboration skills, ability to work with a variety of people in all parts of the organization
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision, as well as in close cooperation with multiple teams
* Ability to listen but also stand your ground when needed
* Good communication and presentation skills, and comfortable speaking in front of groups
* Likes to work with limited supervision
* Ability to extract and evaluate data
What we offer
In this role, you will be able to develop your knowledge within the health and safety area in a very exciting industry. In a company that has the lead words "Safety First" you will get the opportunity to develop professionally and personally in a leading wind power company, a fast-moving organization where the emphasis is placed on the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. The Nordic HSE team has a positive atmosphere where communication, flexibility, and teamwork are the key to our growth. We hope you are as enthusiastic about wind energy as we are!
The work location is flexible and can be at optional Vestas warehouses or at the office in VidebŠk (6920 VidebŠk, Herningvej 5). We have warehouses all over Denmark.
For additional information on the position, please contact designated recruiter Piotr Grudziel based in Gdańsk, Poland at +4x xxx xxx xx6.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas' success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work - no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at wxx.xxxxxx.xxm and follow us on our social media channels
|Posted on:||11 Jun 2021|
|Industry:||Energy / Utilities|