DK, Copenhagen | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 5414
Are you passionate about pursuing a career in an international organisation? In a position with high business impact and solid growth potential? Can you transform your analytical skills into insights that drive business critical decisions? And would you like to be part of a high performing and dynamic team? Then have a closer look at this opportunity in Vestas!
Service > Service Commercial Management > Parts & Repair
The Parts & Repair Services business area within the Global Service Business Unit works closely together with both the regional sales business units and global functions to increase market share of transactional services and support Vestas Services´ "profitable growth" strategy. In Parts & Repair we create and apply optimised commercial, technical and operational solutions in order to secure a competitive position for Vestas and at the same time maximise value and margins for our customers and for Vestas.
You will be responsible for providing Vestas Service Parts & Repair business area leadership with a 360-degree global overview of sales and operational performance related to the business. To do that you will be analysing, substantiating, consolidating and evaluating relevant market and business data. You will utilise a variety of analytical tools and methods to provide insight into results, trends, and opportunities related to parts sales & services by developing and executing scheduled and ad-hoc reporting, dashboards, updates, and analyses to support the objectives of the team.
You will be working closely with our dedicated team and cross functional stakeholders to conduct regular reviews of pricing and sourcing costs, customer feedback, and other market/competitive intelligence, to maximise parts and repair business results. In addition, you will collaborate and interact with Service Sales, Supply Chain, and Global Procurement to perform regular forecasting for market demand, providing recommendations to improve forecast accuracy.
* Perform detailed analyses of market data, sales, forecasting, and operational performance by using data from SAP, financial reporting, CRM, and other sources
* Create and deliver regular team reporting at an aggregate, customer, and site level as required
* Analyse Sales & Operations forecasting and performance, providing insights and recommendations to drive business objectives
* System expert and primary contact for SAP transactions in the Service Orders, Material Management, Master Data and Supply Chain processes
* Work with Global IT and appropriate subject matter experts to find system solutions
* Measure and consolidate KPIs on Sales, Operations and financial performance
* Analyse business operations and processes for improvement opportunities and collaborate with various levels in the organisation to establish performance measures in key strategic areas
* Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science or related field; MBA a plus
* Minimum 2 years professional experience in data analytics and / or performance management
* Strong working knowledge of data visualisation tools such as SAP Analytics Cloud, Power BI or Tableau
* Proficient with ERP systems and SAP experience
* Expertise working with the Microsoft Office suite, including expert capabilities with Microsoft Excel, Power BI, and other analytical software packages
* Superior analytical ability, conceptual thinking and creative problem solving skills
* Detail orientation and analytical rigor
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Self-driven with proven accountability and ownership to deliver positive business results
* Functions effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands
* Experience in the energy industry preferred
What we offer
We offer we offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in a dynamic, high performing, high paced and international work environment in the renewable energy sector. We highly value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
This position is placed in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Occasional travel activities are to be expected in connection with this position.
For additional information about the position, please contact Sr. Director, Joel LeBlanc at +1xxxxxxxxx8.
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 105 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas' more than 24,500 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at wxx.xxxxxx.xxm and following us on our social media channels