English Language Camp Counselor (multiple locations across France)
American Village Camps seek energetic, creative, initiative-takers who are fluent English speakers & love working with children. We’ve been running English immersion camps in France since 1994! In 2022, we are running camps from February to November.
You would be an English Language Counselor, living at our immersion camps, which are scattered in the countryside across France. You would lead activities & English classes for French children between the ages of 7 & 17 years old. Counselors are responsible for the safety and well-being of the campers under their care.
The average contract length is 4 - 8 weeks. Salary is 1170 euros per month. Meals and housing are paid for by the employer.
We are seeking counselors for the following dates in 2022:
Overnight camps :
Spring: 4 - 8 week positions
February 16 - April 15
March 03 or 10 - April 22 or 29
March 17 or 24 - May 20
April 7 - June 24
April 20 - June 17 or 24
April 27 - June 17 or 24
May 26 - July 15 or 29
- Being a team player, be organized, and a good communicator.
- Kindness, caring and friendly: a people-person.
- Able to disconnect from technology during working hours (no smartphones while with the kids).
- A CELTA or TEFL certificate is not required. However, classroom teaching can be a part of this job. Counselors are receptive to our approach of teaching English through active participation, positive reinforcement and encouragement.
- Capable of organizing activities in English : sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games, etc.
- Happy to perform in skits, tell stories, lead songs & cheers, all in English.
Salary and Perks:
- A salary for all days worked: 1170 Euros / month.
- Shared dorm-style housing with other counselors, bedding included.
- Meals included.
- Free laundry services are available at least once a week.
- Absolutely no application fee to apply to this job.
- All counselors may request a 55€ defrayal of train travel to their village (within France).
- Accident insurance while working for work-related injuries.
- We have multiple camps running simultaneously across France. Nacel pays for any work-related transportation costs if the counselor changes camps.
- Camp counseling, childcare, &/or teaching experience. CELTA and TEFL students are also welcome.
- Fluent C1 Level English with corresponding certificate OR native speaker of English with a high school diploma from a high school in an Anglophone country.
- Correct grammar and spelling on application
- Knowledge of north American or British history and culture, preferably through travel or studies
- 20 years old is the minimum age requirement for foreign counselors. A typical applicant is between 20 and 35 years old.
- Clear criminal history
|Posted on:||29 Nov 2021|
|Job starts:||16 Feb 2022|