(COMPANY NAME) Operations SAS
(COMPANY NAME) is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of EUR 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. (COMPANY NAME) offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. (COMPANY NAME) is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, (COMPANY NAME) provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
What if YOU start your journey with US!
We offer you to work in a world-leading company which is at the heart of a digital transformation, at the cutting edge of research and innovation.
We are looking for a CIFRE - Management of Uncertainties through Structural Test Pyramid who will be joining us at (COMPANY NAME) site in Toulouse.
The position is supporting a global dynamic of (COMPANY NAME) group to develop Predictive Virtual Testing.
The amount of composite parts is increasing significantly and the validation is mainly realized by tests. Those tests have an important impact on the cost and the lead time of development project. It is necessary to have a numerical alternative to predict the strength and the composite material behavior to decrease the amount of tests.
To support this target, the management of uncertainties (identification and propagation) has to be taken into account at each level of test pyramid to demonstrate reliability of virtual testing.
The scope of activities is the R&T for fuselage, focusing on composite materials and assemblies.
This CIFRE is to be filled for a duration of 3 years and will be in collaboration with CRT.
* Tasks and Responsibilities :
The position will focus on following activities:
- Identification of input parameters at each level of test pyramid providing some uncertainties: material, test rig, coupon…,
- Definition of pertinence envelope of (COMPANY NAME) damage laws, from level 6 to level 4:
o What is the added value of complex simulation model used by (COMPANY NAME) ? Hot spot validity domain, model computation time,
o Definition of error range should be investigated at each level,
- Influence of material variability on some mechanical properties at different levels of test pyramid: coupon, element, panel, to identify level of scale effect on material variability: by simulation supported by test evidence,
- With CRT: definition of experience plan to identify sampling for tests alleviation.
The activities will be done in collaboration with Scientists in Mathematics and Statistics from CRT (Issy Les Moulineaux).
* Required skills:
You are preparing a diploma level Bac+5 in Structures, Mechanics or equivalent, with specialisation in Mechanics and Materials and you obtain following competences:
- Composite materials and stress analysis, probabilistic approach, numerical simulation,
- English: INTERMEDIATE,
- French: ADVANCE,
- Your have a first experience in numerical analysis, sensitivity analysis,
- You are interested in stochastics methods, uncertainties management,
- You have a good knowledge of statistics and probabilistic methods,
- You are able to use proficiently such tools as FEM: Abaqus code,
* Soft skills:
- Rigorous, curious and autonomous,
- Obtain good interpersonal and communication skills,
- Able to integrate into team and be a flexible team player,
- Have organizational skills,
- Able to analyze and synthesize information,
- Knowledge of project management would be a plus.
Depending on the specifics of the offer, you may have to travel to another locations.
If your profile catches our attention, you will be invited to perform a video interview during which you will have a few minutes to tell us about your background, motivations and your professional project. Afterwards, your application could be proposed to the managers for further review.
If the prospect of joining our innovative Group motivates you do not hesitate and apply online on our website wxx.xxxxxx.xxx/xxxxxxs!
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to (COMPANY NAME) using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by (COMPANY NAME).
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief