🐼 Who we are
(COMPANY NAME) is your friend in health.
(COMPANY NAME)'s long-term goal is to make personal, proactive and holistic health part of people's daily life, striving to be the world's most member-centric healthcare company. Our employees join (COMPANY NAME) because they truly believe in this mission.
As of today, (COMPANY NAME) operates in 3 countries (🇫🇷, 🇧🇪, 🇪🇸) and covers more than 425,000 members, representing over EUR290m+ of annualized revenue.
The team is 520+ people and growing.
🤘 How we do it ?
People joining (COMPANY NAME) are always surprised and delighted by our innovative working method. We have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work, such as:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Radical Transparency. We make all choices in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We're no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Distributed Ownership. We trust our colleagues to make the right choices. We are not afraid to fail fast individually to learn collectively in the long run.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We focus on solving complex problems with simple principles far from ready made ideas.
⭐️ The Risk & Control role ⭐️
The Risk Community's role is to protect (COMPANY NAME)'s ability to serve its members, provide guidance for strategic decisions, and bolster its financial strength, in a context of fast growth, international expansion and growing product diversification.
This Community works hand-in-hand with the widest spectrum of key internal stakeholders at (COMPANY NAME) and contributes to build trust with its partners, including members, supervisors and investors. It relies on (COMPANY NAME)'s company culture of transparency, written communication, distributed ownership and robust data infrastructure.
As the Risk & Control owner, you will build and put into action solid plans to manage our operational risks. You will help the team make sure we operate efficiently and in line with the rules.
- Risk management
* You will be in charge of strengthening our system for identifying, assessing and prioritizing risk management actions
* You will help expand risk management reflexes throughout the company, and assist teams such as Operations, Security and Legal to design and implement action plans to mitigate our risks
* You will support the team in developing and implementing our risk management policies and strategies
* You will challenge our risk appetite and propose risk metrics relevant to our strategy and risk exposure and build tools to monitor them.
* You will support our discussions with insurance regulators
* You will contribute to the opening of new countries of operation
* You will lead the production and maintenance of key regulatory reports (ORSA) and policies
- Internal Control
* You will strengthen our framework for internal control processes, fostering its efficiency and reliability, leveraging (COMPANY NAME)'s culture of transparency and distributed ownership, and pushing for scalability (e.g. automation and use of AI tools)
* You will drive our efforts to ensure their proper documentation and communicability to third parties partners
* You will support the management of audits from commercial partners and supervisors.
- Team Growth
* You will create resources to raise awareness and empower the team for risk management, internal control and regulatory compliance
* You will support the identification and hiring of new talents for the team when needed
You will work closely with a wide spectrum of stakeholders, especially the Risk (e.g. Laurent Guérin, Romain Picabea), the Legal (eg. Elise Toureau), the Ops (eg. Julie Pouzols) and the Security (eg. Thomas Quinot) communities.
What does success look like after 6 months on the role?
After a successful onboarding, you will have:
- Performed a company-wide risk mapping
- Taken ownership on the production of the group risk assessment presented to the board (ORSA)
- Challenged our current framework for risk appetite and designed relevant risk metrics
- Ramped up on (COMPANY NAME)'s working methods
- Built knowledge and processes to improve the risk organization and articulation with other (COMPANY NAME) communities, especially Ops, Security and Legal.
More to continue!
⭐️ If you have some of the following, you may be a great fit ⭐️
- Business Acumen
* You have curiosity in understanding every part of our business operations
* You have a constructive mindset and creative approach to identified risks and challenges
* You have a strong sense of ownership: you are able to work autonomously and take initiatives
- Risk and Regulatory Knowledge
* You have a good understanding of risk concepts
* You are familiar with operating in a regulated environment
- Corporate Communication
* You demonstrate an ability to build trust and accountability with clients and external partners through excellent written communication skills
* You have full working proficiency in English
* Proficiency in French is also preferred due to interactions with the French regulator
- Risk Enablement
* You are comfortable actively contributing to shaping organizational strategy and processes
* You have a distributed approach of Risk, ensuring all stakeholders, including the board, are well-informed and empowered to adopt effective risk management practices
- Data-driven mindset and Scalability
* You have some level of proficiency, or demonstrate appetite for analyzing data and developing user-friendly dashboards to monitor risk indicators
* Tech savviness: You are comfortable with handling data (e.g. basic knowledge of SQL) and have interest in leveraging AI tools for automation
* You have an innovative mindset: you demonstrate an appetite for learning or proposing new tools in general
🙌 Perks & Benefits
At (COMPANY NAME), we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks ensuring they are happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Fair rewards. Generous equity packages complement your base salary.
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space at our HQ, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience with home office equipment sponsorship, we want you to live where you're the happiest.
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-canceling headphones.
- Flexible vacation policy and flexible working hours. organize your time as you wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by (COMPANY NAME) for you and your family.
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits.
- Learning & Training opportunities. A highly flexible Training policy free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises.
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.
Important note: we hire people not roles.
After reading this job description, if you feel like you don't have all the necessary prerequisites but that it matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply!
Not everybody will enter our recruitment process, but all, no matter how underrepresented, should feel free to apply as it can only bring learnings or success.
🔖 Check out our About (COMPANY NAME) and Career pages, as well as our Medium, blog and Glassdoor page for more info
|11 Oct 2023