(COMPANY NAME) Defence and Space Limited
(COMPANY NAME) is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of EUR 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. (COMPANY NAME) offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. (COMPANY NAME) is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, (COMPANY NAME) provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Please apply for this vacancy online at our careers site (wxx.xxxx.xxxxxx.xxm) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to (COMPANY NAME) Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by (COMPANY NAME) Group.
Description of the job :
A vacancy for a Product Manager has arisen within (COMPANY NAME) Defence & Space. The successful applicant will join our Communications, Intelligence and Security group and can be based at any (COMPANY NAME) Defence & Space site in UK, France, Germany or Spain.
The purpose of the role is to manage the lifecycle of various Products in Airborne for Government and Military customers (UK/US and EMEA) within the Product Management Team of Secure Communications.
This extends from monitoring of existing products with a view to increasing the user experience, profitability, and quality of service to developing new products for the business and enhancing the portfolio. You will develop products from new ideas, using your contact with customers and prospects and especially suppliers (existing and potential). You will possess a unique blend of business and technical understanding a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You will enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
The successful applicant will be subject to UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Task & accountabilities :
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Capture customer requirements and needs
- Specifying new services, features, products and processes
- Analyse competitive offers and develop a product benchmark.
- Managing the entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Developing and implementing a go-to-market plan, working with Marketing, Business Intelligence & Pricing teams
- Launch and roll-out product plan and schedule in close partnership with internal stakeholders.
- Monitor and suggest improvements to the financial and technical performance of the Product.
- Improve customer experience, quality of service, service usage and optimize activation process
- Increase product penetration and usage
- Attend Main Gate reviews for the product
- Be the internal customer and conduct user trials before product commissioning
- Champion the product - provide training and familiarisation to the Sales teams
- Provide product updates and enhancement communications, brochures, fact sheets, white papers
- Act as point of first reference for all product related enquiries and work collaboratively with colleagues to address any issues that may arise.
- Promote products externally with support of sales and Marketing
- Maintain the product promotion in the portfolio.
- Develop a sound understanding of the product commercial aspects (pricing strategies, costs, margins)
- Propose actions to increase margins (renegotiation of tariffs, improvement efficiencies, new price schemes)
- Manage the product Lifecycle, creating the roadmap and alignment of R&D with R&T.
- Working across and with all the Product Managers developing VAS
- Interfacing closely with Procurement to develop good supplier relations
This role will involve travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly. Applicants should expect to visit (COMPANY NAME) and customer sites across Europe every 2 to 3 weeks for 1 or 2 nights.
Required skills :
Required Skills / Experience
- Proven experience of Product Management / Marketing / Development
- Understanding of financial metrics and measures
- Understanding of Product Management proficiencies
- Good communications and organisational skills
- Interest in continuous improvement
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Proven experience working in the Military Government Secure Communications industry.
- Understanding of the Airborne communications Equipment and Systems market and requirements.
- Understanding of airborne products, technology and their applications
- Experience of Satellite communications
- Experience of working in diverse international teams
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to (COMPANY NAME) using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by (COMPANY NAME).
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief