Known for its spectacular views on Paris from its guestrooms, as well as its panoramic bar located on the 34th floor, Hyatt Regency Paris-Etoile is a Parisian landmark, directly connected to the Palais des Congrès. All the rooms available at Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile have been entirely renovated and the current renovation work include meeting rooms and public spaces (lobby, restaurant, bars, Regency Club) which will end during the first semester of 2018. The whole project has been conceived by New-Yorker architect George Wong and inspired to create functional, trendy and contemporary spaces building connections.
We are hiring an Assistant Director of Food & Beverage !
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. Reporting directly to the Director of Food and Beverage and as a senior member of the Management Team, this position plays a pivotal role in the overall success of the Food and Beverage Division.
The Assistant Director of Food and Beverage is responsible for overseeing and directing Banquets, Restaurant, two Bars, Stewarding, Market, Regency Club and any other Food or Beverage related areas operated by Hyatt.
* Responsible for short and long term planning and the management of the Food and Beverage operations in the front and back of the house
* Management of a large team (50 employees)
* Develop and recommend the budget, marketing plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans
* Participate in total F&B management
* Implement and maintain F&B sales/marketing programs
* Direct and oversee development of employees
* Hire, train, empower, coach and counsel
* Direct the implementation of the reports, forecasts, inventory and budget for food and beverage operations
* Coordinate food and beverage operations with other hotel departments to ensure efficient guest service
* Resolve customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality
* Implement procedures to increase guest and associate satisfaction
* Maintaining Hyatt standards of service and ensure their implementation
* Maintain communications with Corporate Staff
* Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and proceduresThis role would suit a hands on results orientated professional, who is seeking to further their Food and Beverage Management career
Ideally with a university degree or diploma in Hospitality or Tourism management.
Minimum 2 years work experience as Assistant Director of F&B, Senior Restaurant Manager, or Director of Banquets in large Food and Beverage operation.
Good operational, administrative and interpersonal skills are a must, and banqueting experience an asset.
The successful candidate will possess strong leadership and communication skills, sound knowledge of managing food and beverage operations, as well as a commitment to exceptional customer service. In addition, they will need to demonstrate strong organisational skills and an ability to communicate with Senior Management, whilst ensuring the operation is able to achieve business and financial objectives.
Fluent in english and French is required