Contract Manager (f/m/d) - Hamburg, Germany
DE, Hamburg | Professional | Full-Time
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a growing industry? Then take a closer look at Vestas.
Sales - SBU NCE - Construction
The Construction Department is in charge of all wind farm projects from start to completion. The team takes responsibility for a wind farm once a contract has been signed - and remains responsible until the final tests are completed. Working closely with the logistics, procurement and finance departments, the team has to keep the project on budget and on schedule and ensures our rigorous safety and quality standards are met. It also works closely with the sales and legal departments to ensure each wind farm delivers the highest energy yield within the client's specification.
Responsibilities of the Contract Manager (f/m/d) includes customer and subcontractor's contract communication management, documentation preparation, contract awareness towards the complete project team are key functions within this role.
* Monitoring and control of the contracts during their drafting, execution and closure, ensuring that all prescribed procedures and milestones are followed
* Contracts closure, including drafting, evaluation, negotiation and execution (Claim Management), in cooperation with Legal, Sales, Finance and Sourcing teams
* Non-disclosure Agreements, Sales/Purchasing Agreements, Sub-contracts, Consulting Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Master Agreements, review of customer proposed terms and conditions
* Support the Project Managers vis-Ó-vis customers and subcontractors; In particular, with a pro-active handling of correspondence and change/variation processes, ensuring a timely review and approval/reconciliation thereof
* Serve as the point of contact for customers on contractual matters
* Act as contractual "middleman" between company project management and customers
* Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contact information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all projects
* Graduated with a Bachelor/Master (Diploma) in industrial and civil construction or similar or economics or law
* Several years of overall work experience with contractors or engineers in construction projects, contracts management and/or project management in the construction industry
* Broad knowledge of the types and structure of the contracts in construction and energy industries
* Ideally experience in the implementation of power plant projects (FIDIC or EPCI would be a plus)
* Fluent German and English in writing and speaking
* Readiness to travel - around 30 %
* Strong analytical skills
* Cost and safety awareness
* Self-independent and a structured way of working
* Intercultural awareness
* People management experience and be also a team player
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with both customers and all levels of staff
* Problem solving skills and analytical thinking
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, dynamic, high performing and international work environment in the renewable energy sector. We highly value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
Primary location will be Hamburg in Germany.
Travel activity expected will be around 30 %.
For additional information on the position, please contact Ms Jutta Hoch-Weinert (Senior Recruiter) via phone +49 (0) 1xx xxx xxx8.
Please apply online by clicking on the "Apply" button.
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with 97 GW of wind turbines in 79 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 83 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas' more than 24,400 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at wxx.xxxxxx.xxm and following us on our social media channels