Transport Specialist (f/m/d) Inbound & Service
DE, Hamburg | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 2922
Do you have experience in project transport and logistics? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a growing industry? If yes, this might be the job for you.
Sales > Global Supply Chain > NCE Transport
The Transport Department has the full responsibility in the region for the transportation of all required oversize, heavy-lift and general cargo transportations. This includes budgeting, planning, execution and controlling.The responsibility is the full coordination of deliveries together with the factory, the construction sites, our global vessel team, the nominated transport company and other relevant stakeholders.
The Transport Specialist (f/m/d) for Inbound & Service you will ensure that our components get on-time and on-budget to our construction sites. The continuous dialogue with both internal and external stakeholders in different countries will enable the right candidate to develop and thrive in a truly global company. Furthermore, the expectation is to lead and to support business critical improvements with the focus and support of our systems and processes.
* Responsible for general freight in NCE region for manufacturing, Service and Construction; scope from factories to site deliveries in close dialogue with internal and external stakeholders
* Ensure and follow-up on deliveries for all internal stakeholders in Vestas including to Factories, Projects and Service
* Ensure full corporation in the value chain including customs, sales, VPS, PBU and construction for all deliveries
* Support new operational models including overview and coordination
* Ensure financial compliance adhered to LSP performance in region
* Support for root cause identification, follow-up and implementation of new and improved processes
Qualifications and work experience
* Education within the transport area or similar combined with well-developed project management skills
* Field experience within manufacturing and transport engineering background preferred
* Several years of experience in a transport company or similar
* Extended knowledge of general transport and forwarding
* Experience with wind energy projects will be appreciated
* Knowledge in working with SAP will be an advantage
* Good verbal and written communication skills in Germany and English; any other language is a plus
* Analytical skills - ability to identify details and to draw and communicate conclusions
* International mindset and team player
* Self-driven, pro-active and problem-solving capability
What we offer
This position offers excellent opportunities for cross functionality and personal development by working with project transport in a large global organisation having highly specialized and professional colleagues. Furthermore the position concludes development opportunities within our Global Transport organisation or within Vestas.
Please apply online.
Primary work location is in Hamburg, Germany.
For additional information regarding the position, please contact our Senior Recruiter Anja Barth on +49 (040) 4xxx xxxx5.
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with 97 GW of wind turbines in 79 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 83 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas' more than 24,400 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at wxx.xxxxxx.xxm and following us on our social media channels