Mechanical Engineer (F/M/D) Hamburg or Rheine
DE, Hamburg | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 7406
If you are you an experienced Mechanical Engineer who is fluent in English, we'd like to hear from you if you're looking for your next challenge. Vestas is currently seeking to fill a position to strengthen our Multibrand Engineering & Support team in Northern and Central Europe (NCE).
Sales > SBU NCE > Service > Regional Operation NCE > Regional Support NCE > WTG Engineering & Support > Multibrand
WTG Engineering & Support Multibrand is responsible to support regional Service organisations with technical knowledge to operate non Vestas WTGs successfully. WTG E&S Multibrand team consists of 7 highly experienced and dedicated employees located mostly in Hamburg and Rheine, Germany.
- Providing mechanical support to Service Technicians in troubleshooting and repair via phone / ticket or on site
- Evaluating damages on main components and perform RCAs, give recommendations to Service organisations
- Analysing borescope pictures and create Component Inspection Reports for internal and external customers
- Evaluation of CMS Reports for internal and external customers
- Identify, develop and validate technical improvement measures as part of the continuous improvement process
- Providing answers / recommendations to technical questions to both internal and external stakeholder
- Taking part in customer or supplier meetings and seminars
- Bachelor/Master´s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Mechanical engineering knowledge on machinery components, e.g. gearboxes, bearings, bolted connections
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to communicate clearly in both English and German language, verbally and in writing
- Experience in Wind preferred but not required
- Strong technical and analytical skills for root cause failure analysis and problem solving
- Customer oriented and the ability to understand the business value seen from a service and customer perspective
- Structured, self-driven, takes initiative and ownership
- Highly self-motivated and results orientated candidate able to become part of a competence team
- Ability and willingness to travel within NCE region
- Able to multitask and prioritize daily work under a fast-paced environment
There will be travel of up to 10% expected in this role.
Closing date: 12th March 2020
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 105 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas' more than 24,500 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at wxx.xxxxxx.xxm and following us on our social media channels