Requisition ID: 2xxxx5
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Location: St. Leon-Rot
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
(COMPANY NAME) started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
(COMPANY NAME) values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Global Cloud Services (GCS) is responsible for running (COMPANY NAME)'s backend technology including operations of state-of-the-art data centers and the technical platforms as integral part and foundation for all (COMPANY NAME) Cloud solutions and services around the globe.
The Cloud Management Infrastructure unit provides shared services for (COMPANY NAME)'s external Cloud Business and for (COMPANY NAME)'s internal infrastructure out if the area of IT Operations Management. Within CMI the department of Cloud Platform Analytics department operates distributed solutions around the globe but is also responsible to collect various data points on which basis we create various reports, analysis and dashboards for up to (COMPANY NAME) Board level.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As a team member of the CPA team you'll take over responsibilities mainly around building SAPs central capacity database for IaaS data within CBR (Cloud Billing&Reporting, which based on (COMPANY NAME) HANA XSA):
Be part of a virtual SCRUM team, working on backlogs of multiple components and tools
Concept, develop and operate XSA Applications for metering and showback cloud consumption of internal IaaS Services and Hyperscalers
Design and implement adapter-components to connect different IaaS platforms to our single-source-of-truth
Cross collaboration in with internal colleagues, customers and management to understand/align on business requirements
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* University degree or similar education in Software Engineering or Computer Science
* Extensive experiences of Git
* Knowledge in relational databases and SQL (preferably HANA)
* Knowledge and experience in cloud-native principals, cloud development & automation, including API's, REST, OpenStack, Chef, Continuous Delivery, etc.
* Ability to structure topics, multi-task and work under tight deadlines
* Strong communication (written and verbal English), fluent in German
* Presentation and analytical skills
* Knowledge of hyperscaler APIs (GCP, AWS, Azure, Alicloud)
* Knowledge in DevOps and automation topics such as CI/CD and containerization
* Linux Operating System & Containers (ideally Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry) experiences
* Infrastructure operations in large scale, heterogeneous (COMPANY NAME) or cloud environments
* Extended knowledge in database administration, especially in HANA
* Knowledge of ITIL V3/V4 will be highly beneficial
* DevOps and agile method skills and experience (e.g. SCRUM, Kanban)
* 0-2 years
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At (COMPANY NAME), we help you make it your own.
A career at (COMPANY NAME) can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
(COMPANY NAME)'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, (COMPANY NAME) invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Cxxxxxx.firstname.lastname@example.org or Cxxxxxx.email@example.com, APJ: Cxxxxxx.firstname.lastname@example.org, EMEA: Cxxxxxx@xxx.xxm).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: ERP, Developer, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, (COMPANY NAME), Technology, Engineering