As a profitable, global and rapidly expanding SaaS start-up from Berlin, (COMPANY NAME) is revolutionizing commerce on the world's biggest online marketplace: Amazon.
We have developed an All-in-One solution for sellers and vendors, including everything they need to be successful on Amazon. Our integrated toolbox offers features for all aspects of business: Amazon SEO, Profit Analysis, PPC Campaign Management, Product Research, Review and Inventory Management and Competitor Tracking. And with more exciting features to be added in the future, we continue to shape this fast-growing industry with cutting edge software innovation.
As a bootstrapped company, (COMPANY NAME) values ownership and agility. As such, we are able to listen to customers and incorporate their feedback, and also pay close attention to the well-being of our employees. As a result, staff members not only enjoy working with us, but are actively involved in the development and success of the company.
Tasks and Requirements:
* You own the Database Engineering role at (COMPANY NAME) and are responsible for building a healthy, sustainable and scalable data infrastructure
* You dive into the company's data to analyze it, find patterns and play around in other ways
* You help our backend teams to design and maintain production databases. You make sure that data is consistent
* You have 2+ years of experience working with MySQL and PostgreSQL databases on production level
* You have excellent knowledge of relational database systems and K/V stores
* You are experienced with distributed databases, scaling and high-availability
* You have excellent knowledge of indexing methodologies
* You bring in your ideas and expertise to globally scale our databases
* You re-design and transform our databases for maximum performance
* You manage billions of entries with a high turnover
* You are experienced with database tuning and managing live databases
* Your experience working with AWS & Java is a big plus
* A very well located office in the heart of Berlin Mitte incl. a rooftop terrace with pool
* Flexible office hours
* Remote working budget
* Flat hierarchies with open communication
* High level of responsibility and space to develop
* Urban Sports Club membership
* Self Improvement Grant
* Free food and drinks, regular team events
* Relocation benefits and visa assistance for non-EU citizens
* Participation in our annual company trip - this year, we've been to Miami!
What have you done before? What are you interested in? What motivates you? Please don't send a generic cover letter. We'd rather hear your short intro in the summary section.
Apply for this position