We are looking for YOU...
Thank you for showing your interest in Soho House & Co. - we know there's a lot of choice out there - and we look forward to working with you.
Responsible for the efforts and results of the Finance department. Reporting to the Finance Director Europe in regards to all financial and accounting activities with a dotted line to the local General Manager. Overseeing financial department staff in day-to-day operations. Your overall accountability will be to ensure strong financial control and partner with the commercial/operations teams to drive maximum profitability.
Let us convince you...
With us everyone has the opportunity to realize themselves, we are different so we are looking for individual characters. Grow with us - how about being part of a journey. We see potential and develop you right away.
Become part of our team. Fun and action are on our daily agenda. And if you want to switch off, we offer yoga classes, staff screenings in our own cinema as well as other activities and various trainings.
Have we sparked your interest?
In order to contact you easy and without complications we ask you to provide your email address. We would like to draw your attention to the fact that we will store and process your data as part of the application process in accordance with the provisions of the Federal Data Protection Act. It is a matter of course for us to handle your application confidentially.
Recognized severely disabled persons and persons of equal status will be given preferential consideration if they are equally suitable for the advertised position. If applicable, please mention the severe disability in your application
Part of your meaningful tasks include...
* Oversee all local company accounts and investments, ensuring all transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
* Ensure compliance with local accounting and tax regulations and standards
* Motivate and lead the finance team
* Manage Billing, Accounts Receivables/Payables, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
* Create weekly, monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
* Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
* Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, e.g. invoicing
* Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
* Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all local regulations
* Develop budgets and financial plans for the local company based on research and data reports
* Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
* Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
* Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
* Support the Europe Finance Director Europe to create consistent Finance processes across Europe
* Complete regular balance sheet reconciliations for the site
* Keep the Europe Finance Director Europe fully up to date on key issues and site performance
* Additional ad-hoc duties as requested
You breathe Berlin
* Bachelor's degree or master's degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field
* Fully qualified accountant preferably with industry experience in hospitality/retail/leisure
* Advanced excel and analytical skills
* Management experience; leadership skills; interpersonal skills
* Honesty; integrity; reliability
* Attention to detail; organisational skills; critical thinking and problem-solving skills