Founded in 2014, (COMPANY NAME) is a quickly accelerating HealthTech and InsurTech startup, headquartered in the center of Berlin.
Our company is to date the most successful medical tourism startup worldwide, and simplifies the complex process of booking medical travel while being backed by investors such as Accel Partners (investors of successful startups such as Facebook and Dropbox). Over the past four years, we have helped over 150,000 patients organize their international medical treatments with the leading medical centers in the US, Europe, and Asia.
We've also been acting as an international TPA, supporting health insurers offering IPMI plans for expatriates and high net worth individuals. In addition to continuing to grow our core services, we have now launched a unique insurance product of our own, which provides treatment for serious illnesses on a global scale.
In order to support our activities as a TPA, we are currently looking for an experienced Medical Claims Assessor to join our claims team and be a vital part of the review and approval process of medical claims. The position is available at the earliest possible date, is offered in full-time and located preferably in Berlin.
* You are actively supporting our policyholders via phone and email in regards to the scope of service of their private health insurance
* You record scheduled medical surgeries of policyholders and systematically check them against their insurance coverage to determine the insurer's payment obligation
* You are in contact with medical facilities in order to negotiate the possibility of placing a Guarantee of Payment in order to cover for medical surgeries of policyholders
* You initiate the payment order for the settlement of reviewed and granted medical claims
* You ideally possess previous experience in medical claims processing for a (private) health insurer, alternatively you are experienced in customer service
* You are highly service- and customer-oriented and possess team skills
* You are fluent in German and feel comfortable conversing in English as well
* You possess very good communication skills in speech and writing
* You are extremely diligent in your work and pay a lot of attention to detail
* A thorough on-the-job training, the possibility to take over responsibility and plenty of room for creativity in a varied range of tasks
* Develop your skills within an ambitious, professional, and supportive team, in a company where professional growth is encouraged
* Be part of an innovative, truly international company and have the opportunity to make a real difference in people's lives
* A modern, light and spacious office loft (with a 100m2 rooftop terrace!) in Berlin-Mitte with lots of parks and nice cafés nearby- Join us for knowledge-sharing workshops, sports activities, and regular team events