What you will do
As a software test specialist working on our MongoDB developer tools, you will be involved throughout the full development cycle, including:
* Performing acceptance, exploratory and regression testing among others, where necessary
* Providing valuable input regarding matters such as QoL, possible risks and optimising backlog
* Working with an amazing, fully-charged team that will love to help get you up to speed and exceed far beyond that, in all areas of the role
* Thoroughly developing MongoDB expertise and gaining deep insights into how MongoDB works
* Becoming part of the exciting worldwide MongoDB and NoSQL development communities, which is where the future of databases lies
The position is full time and will be based in our Berlin offices.
First and foremost, you are a passionate tester and it's in your character. You love breaking software and you have a very critical eye. If something seems off or not working, you can't feel good until it's addressed. You think outside the box even when there aren't any boxes. You are of course a self-starter, and aren't afraid to be social - opinionated deep-dives and the occasional burger-and-beer evening out is all part of the great camaraderie of the team.
Things happen fast in a start-up, so we really only ask for one thing:
* At least 2 years experience in testing modern software
Extra credit if you have:
* ISTQB/CAT certification
* Experience in working as part of a development team, together with product managers, developers and other roles
* Some coding experience and are interested in becoming more deeply involved in the development process
* Worked with databases
* Experience in cross OS testing
As our team is from all over the world, you should be able to converse fluently in our office language - English. You do not need to know any German.
We value experience greatly over any formal qualifications. Can you show us you have the talent and mindset for the job? Great, we want to hear from you!
What we offer
* Very competitive salary
* Responsibility and impact: Your work will have a major impact on the product and your opinions and ideas will be greatly appreciated (and requested!) at every step of the way
* Flexibility: We offer very flexible work hours. Your cat is sick? Working from home goes without saying
* Great environment: We have a great team with a great sense of humour (although, who wouldn't say that about themselves, actually?) and we are based in the heart of Berlin - one of the most bustling and exciting cities in Europe.
* Participation in technology conferences, workshops, meetups and user-groups.
Contact us now
If this sounds good to you, drop us a brief covering letter / CV / links to things you would like to share or other open work at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Apply for this position
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org