You love to tinker and call yourself a maker? Coding and electronics are your hobby and you love solving technical challenges practically? You want to build smart hardware that makes the lives of photographers easier every day? You want to be part of a tech company that is changing an entire market? Then join our team.
More than 250.000EUR on Kickstarter and Indiegogo. With our newest product "UNLEASHED" (COMPANY NAME) became one of the most interesting hardware startups in Berlin, moving the worldwide photography market forward. Working on the UNLEASHED and with many more exciting products in the pipeline, we want to build a strong team willing to not only build high quality gadgets for photographers, but also help move the dusty photography market into a bright future: Improving how you shoot photos, optimizing photography workflows and providing new opportunities to be creative.
For our team in Berlin we're looking for a working student for EMBEDDED DEVELOPMENT. Between 10-20 hours per week, full-time in semester break if possible.
(COMPANY NAME) is a small hardware company in the heart of Berlin, founded in 2009. Keeping a startup mentality allows us to focus on creating extraordinary products for promising niche markets. Our mission has been to provide intelligent solutions to equip photographers all around the world. Our objectives along the way: finding and combining the right technical components that meet our highly set goals, reverse engineering and breaking down complex systems, building tiny, perfected products and apps that are fun to use and create a real benefit for those who use them.
WHAT EXCITES YOU?
* Tinkering and inventing new camera accessories
* Designing and developing firmware for embedded devices including BLE connectivity - accessories for DSLRs to improve the lives of photographers around the world
* Implementing reverse engineered protocol stacks, both UART and USB
* Bare-metal programming at low levels using run loop, state machines and interrupt handlers
* Using STM32F4 and other Microcontrollers, Nordic nRF5 and other BLE chipsets
* Optimizing code for constrained memory and minimal power use
* Writing clean and readable code with thorough documentation
* Identifying problems during development and finding solutions, both in a team and independently
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED?
* A heart for IT and excitement for the newest gadgets
* Know-how on digital electronics and choosing key components
* Solid experience in programming firmware for microcontrollers in C (STM32 if possible)
* Ability to tackle tasks independently in a flexible work environment
* Knowledge of how to do research efficiently to solve technical challenges
* Very good written and verbal English
* A passion for photography is a plus! ;-)
WHAT WE OFFER:
* Be an essential part of something new and big
* Help revolutionize a niche market that is in need of game-changing products
* Create things photographers all over the world will use on a daily basis
* Grow while solving diverse and flexible tasks
* Enjoy a flat hierarchy as well as quick and uncomplicated decision-making
* On top of that, we love to go to meetups, conferences and try out the newest taco store
WANT TO JOIN US? GO AHEAD AND APPLY!
If we've sparked your interest we're looking forward to a short application with CV, overview of grades and any reference projects you've been part of. Please send this, including the internal reference number (EDWS1902), to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get in contact with you for a personal interview.
Apply for this position
Send your application to: email@example.com