At (COMPANY NAME) Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you'll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It's all about progress.
We are currently looking to recruit a Procurement Project Manager in our location in Hennigsdorf near Berlin.
Procurement Project Managers are Senior Professionals, and depending on the project, they are reaching executive positions, and are responsible for working on projects that require full procurement attention.
This position is a member of the Project Core Team. Its main role is to manage, rather than buy directly, and to be the interface between the project and the entire procurement network. He/She ensures the definition and successful execution of sourcing strategies, is responsible of managing suppliers' commercial relationships, planning, material availability along with cost management. During the project launch the Procurement Project Manager sets the speed of the entire project.
* Manage interfaces between the project and the Procurement department
* Leverage the BT Procurement network (buyer, expeditors) to optimize supplies to projects according to Project Management needs.
* Take responsibility for ensuring that Project needs relating to material cost, warranty, inventory and delivery performance are met.
* Utilize appropriate tools and techniques effectively to ensure that Procurement delivers its cost and performance requirements. e.g. LCCS, Open Book Costing, Value Engineering,
* Establishment of a Procurement Plan including schedule of long lead time items and JDDP plan together with Engineering and other Function to ensure 1st train delivery is achieved
* Coordinate offer quotations to match to project specific requirements, review and approval of Purchase approvals
* Oversees project specific Terms and Conditions for suppliers in accordance with Customer's and BT's requirements, negotiated by buyers with legal support.
* Where relevant, Buyers involve and manage suppliers into a joint product design development process (JDDP) in order to integrate efficiently supplier solutions.
* Manages Interfaces with Other BT Functions until project handover to customer incl. supporting supplier claims and contractual obligations incl. warranty requirements
* Produce and maintain material TAC (Total at Completion) for divisional and group reporting, and drive cost improvement initiatives together with core team to achieve best total cost-efficient solutions
* Ensures right inventory strategies are established and maintained serving customer deliveries with efficient cash management
* University degree or equivalent through experience, complemented by a demonstrated track record of success
* Proficient in English and German
* MCIPS required
* Consistent experience in Engineering, Procurement, Project Management, preferably in railway industry
* Relevant experience in a managerial position
* Sourcing and procurement planning
* Excellent contracting, legal & compliance knowledge
* Excellent negotiating / influencing skills
* Supplier performance and improvement management experience
* Computer literate: MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
* Good negotiating skills
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills ( Value Engineering, Cost analysis, Risk/Ops, SWOT)
* Good business partnering skills along clear communication and presentation techniques
* Good Team player
About (COMPANY NAME) Transportation
(COMPANY NAME) Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry's broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, (COMPANY NAME) Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, (COMPANY NAME) Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries