Demand Planner in Tesla Service Material Planning Team is responsible for leading the monthly demand planning tasks for a group of Vehicle Service Parts and Accessories. The Demand Planner will take ownership of forecasting the short- and long-term needs of Tesla's Service Network for these unique set of parts and accessories, collaborating with multiple cross-function teams to bring necessary information on key forecast drivers, interpreting and analyzing multiple sources of service consumption data, presenting the story of demand plan to senior management and influencing key business decisions for Tesla's Service Supply Chain.
The role offers a high degree of autonomy and upper management visibility in managing demand plans on uniquely identifiable service part commodities and the opportunity to make an immediate impact to Tesla's Service organization.
* Create and manage short- and long-term demand forecasts for Tesla Service Parts and Accessories that helps optimize inventory levels at worldwide distribution centers, increase fill rates at all Tesla service centers and body shops, lower the cost of operation and improve overall customer satisfaction levels.
* Collaborate with Material Planning, Field Operations, Inventory Management, NPI, Production Demand Planning, Reliability Engineering, Service Campaigns and Marketing Teams to gather relevant data and bring information on key business drivers that impact the future demand on Service Parts and Accessories.
* Analyze multiple sources and levels of parts consumption data and service-relevant information, present justification of forecast plans to peers and executives and influence supply chain decisions for Tesla Service.
* Continuously improve demand planning KPIs on Forecast Accuracy and Bias by adopting best practices and identifying root cause through deep-dives and detailed analyses.
* Collaborate with NPI, Procurement and Suppliers to plan for material and product End-of-Life (EOL) demand and minimize obsolescence for Tesla.
* Develop launch forecasts and initial safety stock levels for new Service Parts on major design changes to existing vehicle models and on launch of new vehicle models.
* Maintain demand planning master data parameters to ensure accurate demand signals on the most relevant Service Parts on a weekly basis.
* Bridge communication between Demand Planning team based in California together with EU Material Planning team and collaborate on a daily basis to communicate info over analysis and projects.
* Collaborate with the IT Project Development Team on a weekly basis to plan new features and enhancements in Demand Engine application to ensure continuous efficiency gains in the forecasting process
* Master's Degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering, Business Analytics, Data Science or related field with 1-2 years of relevant work experience as an analyst or a planner in demand planning, forecasting, and/or supply chain planning in Manufacturing-oriented companies.
* In depth knowledge of Demand Modeling and Supply Chain Management concepts, e.g., forecasting, planning, optimization etc. and its application to solve real world supply chain problems is required.
* Prior experience of working with forecasting applications is highly desirable.
* Excellent networking and interpersonal skills required to drive cross-function collaboration and act as a change agent to drive process improvements for the Supply Chain.
* Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data in Microsoft Excel through the use of advanced excel functions and constructs.
* Ability to both think strategically and execute tactically with a high attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
* Effective in communicating business drivers to justify forecast plans as well as strong influencing and negotiating skills in small and large group settings with peers and executives.
* Open-minded, collaborative and team-oriented attitude with the ability to think outside the box for solutions to complex challenges.
* Self-motivation, strong work ethic, and a passion for being hands-on in your work.
* Good knowledge in Microsoft SQL, preference using R or Python.
* Excellent written and spoken English is a must
|Posted on:||23 Sep 2022|