A Junior Content Manager in the Content Marketing team at (COMPANY NAME) works on a variety of written content produced in-house and by external freelancers - ensuring that it not only inspires, informs and guides users, but matches our identity and mission!
Your primary tasks will be briefing, proofreading and formatting incoming content from external writers and agencies, acquiring images, and contributing to SEO-driven stories to be published in our English magazines. If you can maintain unwavering focus while exercising creativity, read on and apply today!
What you'll do:
* Participate in the content production planning and reviewing it to ensure that we meet the quarterly and annual targets.
* Participate in editorial brainstorms and give constructive feedback to peers.
* Upload internally and externally produced hotel content to our CMS and launch the articles on the magazine to increase our search traffic, fill product gaps and assure high user satisfaction when interacting with the magazine.
* Brief and source content from third parties that meet our editorial guidelines and give feedback to writers.
* Optimize existing content to improve user experience and implement new features after product optimizations.
* Analyze traffic behavior using Google Analytics, Google Search Console and internal tools to optimize and enrich content already published.
* Make sure the website is running smoothly through quality control by reporting bugs and any other unexpected issues.
* Work closely with our distribution team on optimizing content for social media and SEM.
* Collaborate with an in-house team of international content managers to share best practices and improve the global Content Marketing strategy.
What you'll definitely need:
* 1 to 2 years of previous experience working as an editor, copywriter or journalist.
* An understanding of SEO and UX optimizations.
* A hawk-eye for detail.
* Willingness to work for several English magazines even though your primary market will be Canada.
* An unrivaled understanding of grammar, punctuation and tone.
* A creative flair that allows you to not only proof a story, but to improve it where possible.
* Some previous experience in analytical tasks, familiarity with performance KPIs and a numbers mindset.
* Native-level English when it comes to copy-editing and writing.
What we'd love you to have:
* Strong travel market knowledge, preferably of the Canadian market.
* Bachelor's in journalism, creative writing, marketing, media and communication, or a similar role-relevant field.
* Experience with Google Analytics, CMS (WordPress) and/or Social Media Marketing.
-What you can expect from life at (COMPANY NAME):
* Growth: We help you grow as (COMPANY NAME) grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
* Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
* International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
* Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
* Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
* (COMPANY NAME) N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
* To find out more about life at (COMPANY NAME) follow us on social media @lifeattrivago