* You develop novel deep learning algorithms for perception, e.g. object detection & tracking (vehicles, pedestrians etc.).
* You optimize your approaches with w.r.t accuracy and efficiency and you bring your approaches into real vehicles. You also contribute to the scientific environment with publications on top conferences and journals (NIPS, ICML, CVPR, TPAMI etc.)
* Be part of the team that shapes the future perception for autonomous driving.
* You work in an agile and diverse research team with other PhD students and with exchange across several international projects. In addition, you work together with TOP international universities.
* Furthermore, you evaluate your algorithms on public benchmark data sets and internal real-world data sets - offline and online.
* Education: Excellent degree (Master/Diploma) in computer science, robotics, electrical engineering, mathematics or physics
* Personality: Open-minded team player
* Working Practice: Goal-oriented and logical thinking
* Experience and Knowledge: Profound knowledge of deep learning algorithms & principles as well as object detection & tracking (Kalman filter, particle filter, random finite sets etc.). Proven programming skills in C++ and Python. Moreover, expertise in perception and experience with video, radar or video sensor data is a strong plus. Experiences in ROS and in automated driving systems and/or robotics are optional.
* Languages: Fluent in English (written and spoken), German is a plus
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. curriculum vitae and certificates).
The final PhD topic is subject to your university. Duration: 3 years
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
Are you interested in working from home, or part-time? Please don't hesitate to ask us
Need support during your application?
Kevin Heiner (Human Resources)
+4x xxx xxx xxxx3
Need further information about the job?
Fabian Timm (Functional Department)
+4x xxx xxx xxxx3
Videos To Watch