The DevOps Agent is responsible, as part of the solution team, to accomplish the necessary technical activities (e.g. analysis, configuration, installation, development, testing, etc.) that are required to deploy, maintain and improve applications. The task of the DevOps is to participate in the release of internal developed software, update commercial software. Prepare, set-up and use monitoring, highlight performance problems, propose and implement solutions alone or together with other it employees.
Responsibilities and duties
Deployment of software
* Install application servers
* Install commercial software
* Set-up and maintain in-house developed applications' build tools
* Assist the release process of the applications.
Monitoring and improvement
* Set-up OS Monitoring, application monitoring
* Investigate monitoring systems warning, propose solutions
* Investigate applications performance problems, create updated code where possible or delegate to the respective development team
* Develops and updates training and technical documentation, including flowcharts, diagrams, code comments and clear code, using company standards.
* Demonstrates the developed solutions and features to users and colleagues.
* Documents development and operational procedures.
* Maintains project knowledge by documenting software changes and revisions.
Training and support
* Serves as an expert on the developed applications and provides training and technical support for users.
* Supports junior developers' work.
* Actively participates in the procedures and ceremonies as prescribed by the development methodology.
* Shares knowledge, maintains best practices within the development team and across teams.
* Contributes to team meetings; collaborates with the team to determine and fine-tune development methodologies and toolsets.
* Maintains and updates professional knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and by participating in educational workshops, reading professional publications, and participating in professional societies.
* Educational background in computer science, software engineering or other relevant discipline
* Proven experience as a Application support
* Understanding of Agile methodologies.
* Understanding of object-oriented software engineering.
* Knowledge of coding languages and frameworks/systems necessary for performing his tasks.
* Working knowledge of databases (SQL), in-depth understanding of data management.
* Fluent English is a must
* Ability to write clean, well-documented code
* Ability to learn new languages and technologies
* Resourcefulness and troubleshooting attitude
* Analytical mind with problem-solving attitude
* Demonstrable ability to discover and fix errors in code
* Documentation skills
* Attention to detail
* Ability to work independently.
What we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life