We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team - one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Performance Test Engineer
Job Description Summary
Implement an effective test automation strategy for your SCRUM team to validate application functionality, using methodologies, tools, strategies, and standards based on best practices in Agile software testing and continuous integration and deployment.
* Coordinate and participate in requirements review and performance testing activities to ensure the quality and functionality of assigned (COMPANY NAME) developed systems.
* Document performance test strategy and test plans covering environment, schedule, test data set up, testing techniques, and key SLA metrics keeping end-user requirements and customer experience in mind.
* Conduct manual and automated performance testing, manage performance defects, and troubleshoot performance issues covering platform hardware analysis, scalability, and application profiling (JVM, Databases, etc).
* Partner with operations, product, and development teams to develop real-time performance dashboards and provide periodic updates on application performance to all the stakeholders.
* Define and implement best practices for end-to-end application performance management solutions including Proof of Concepts and Tools evaluation and selection - specifically in the area of emerging technologies (Web, Mobile).
* Document problems, monitor resolutions and retain documentation necessary to share knowledge with performance engineering and application teams.
* Develop business and product knowledge over time and share such knowledge to mentor newer team members. This is not a management position; however, this position is expected to provide strong leadership to junior members of the staff.
* Adhere to and enforce consistent company and department testing standards and procedures.
* Ability to define performance test plans and roadmap, as well as partner with delivery teams to implement the strategy.
* Prior experience installing, configuring, and using performance testing tools such as LoadRunner and JMeter, and performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk.
* Experience in Web/Mobile Application and Web Services (SOAP and REST APIs) scripting and performance testing.
* Ability to monitor and tune Java virtual machine and app servers; articulate JVM GC process and its logs; ability to collect performance metrics from *nix and Windows.
* Expertise of agile and waterfall testing methodologies and tools such as JIRA, RALLY, Rational Team Concert, Quality Center, etc.
* Experience in building right performance environment data sets and use of data virtualization tools where required.
* Performance tuning experience with RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, etc.) desirable.
* Application development experiences preferably in Java and test tools such as Junit and JBehave. Exposure to Test Driven and Behavior Driven Development (TDD and BDD) desirable not mandatory.
* Self-motivated individual that finds and delivers solutions with ability to continuously learn new applications and technologies.
* Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication, and proven leadership skills - with the ability to lead multiple test paths simultaneously
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside (COMPANY NAME) offices until further notice.
In the US, (COMPANY NAME) is a government contractor, which may legally require most (COMPANY NAME) employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter (COMPANY NAME) offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at (COMPANY NAME).
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to (COMPANY NAME) assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, (COMPANY NAME) is responsible for information security and must:
* Abide by (COMPANY NAME)'s security policies and practices;
* Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
* Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
* Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with (COMPANY NAME)'s guidelines
|Posted on:||06 Aug 2022|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|