Products and Technology
Associate Production Support Engineer, Customer Centric Engineering
Join a high impact global engineering team that delivers Customer Love by solving the toughest technical customer escalations fast and champions trust strategy throughout the company.
At (COMPANY NAME), trust is our #1 priority. Our cloud applications handle billions of transactions each day for 100,000+ companies who demand high quality, responsiveness, and predictability. Performance issues and functional bugs must be identified and resolved quickly. As a Customer Centric Engineer within R&D you will investigate, reproduce, and diagnose complex issues affecting our customers. You should be passionate about solving tough technical problems and recommending improvements to products and processes. Technical skills are important, but so are persistence, patience and communication.
As a Customer Centric Engineer, your motto is Trusted Customer Love: you are the voice and spirit of the customer in R&D. You make (COMPANY NAME) customers successful by solving their problems quickly and preventing recurrences. You mentor and train Support, R&D, and Site Reliability teams to mobilize an army of problem solvers who pride themselves on owning customer issues and resolving them faster. You speak up when you see problems and pioneer solutions across all of Technology. You build bridges that transcend organizations and make the people we work with better.
What you'll be doing:
* Using your Java, database, and web API and UI skills to solve critical customer technical escalations to R&D from our Technical Support organization
* Figuring out ways to "find the bug" utilizing top-notch troubleshooting techniques and all the tools and systems available within the R&D organization, and digging deep into code
* Identifying root causes, proposing test cases and fixes, and developing new debugging tools while working closely with product teams
* Providing timely information to customer facing teams to improve overall customer satisfaction
* Mentoring Technical Support on technical issues and best practices
* Building relationships with other teams across Customer Services, R&D, and data center operations as a technical expert
* Championing Supportability and Debuggability initiatives throughout R&D
What we're looking for:
* Developer-level technical chops along with a strong desire to interact with customers, support engineers and management on high-profile issues critical to the long-term success of the company
* Demonstrable curiosity, passion, integrity and outstanding attention to detail in professional and personal pursuits
* Unparalleled troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as exemplified by clear bug/issue explanations, documentation of knowledge, mentoring ability, and comfort interacting with all levels of management
Sxxxxxxxxx.xxm and (COMPANY NAME).org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Sxxxxxxxxx.xxm and (COMPANY NAME).org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Sxxxxxxxxx.xxm and (COMPANY NAME).org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Sxxxxxxxxx.xxm or (COMPANY NAME).org