About the Opportunity
Are you looking to kick start a career working for a world leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, and get an opportunity to progress your education while getting paid?
Why not consider the new Electrical / Instrumentation apprenticeship programme with the Metrology team in Sanofi, Waterford?
The programme in partnership with SOLAS is designed for those who wish to develop a career in a Metrology / Calibration environment where employment is set to grow significantly over the next 3-5 years.
Sanofi Waterford is ideally placed to facilitate, mentor and nurture new talent. During this apprenticeship, you would complete on-the-job training onsite and the off-the-job training will be completed in Solas / Institute of Technology training centres.
The Metrology department are responsible for the Calibration of all instrumentation / equipment on the Waterford site.
* Application deadline: 3rd March 2021
* Interviews held in April 2021
* Start of the programme: 1st of June 2021
About Sanofi Business Unit
The multiple national award-winning Sanofi Waterford biopharmaceutical and medical device campus is located in Waterford on Ireland's southeast coast. Established in 2001 and now with more than 700 employees, the site has seen more than EUR600m invested in state-of-the-art infrastructure and technology. Diversification continues to bring new products to Waterford and the expanded site portfolio continues to create new opportunities.
* Contribute as an apprentice E&I (Metrology) Technician in the site wide Facilities Engineering Team including Engineers, Planners, Facilities Maintenance Technicians and Metrology Technicians.
* Learn to troubleshoot and repair problems with instruments and electrical equipment.
* Build effective problem-solving skills.
* Aide investigations and carry out corrective and preventative actions, where applicable.
* Gain an understanding of P&ID, Electrical & Pneumatic Drawings.
* Interact in a professional manner with area / equipment owners to get calibration and maintenance activities completed in a compliant, safe and efficient manner.
* Learn to co-ordinate work activities with other team members and other teams
* Plan equipment downtime where necessary due to on line calibrations or vendor`s availability.
* Learn to manage Calibration Reference Standards and ensure they are calibrated to traceable standards. Perform reverse trace when Reference Standard fails calibration and re-calibrate instruments when necessary.
To excel in this role, you will need to have:
* Grade D in five subjects in the Leaving Certificate (pass in maths is essential)
* Physics would be beneficial
* Work well on own initiative and as part of a team, when required
* Be a team player with a friendly and outgoing disposition
* Be a punctual, motivated and organised self-starter who is enthusiastic and conscientious about completing work on time and to a high standard
* See it - own it - do it attitude, self-motivated individual.
Terms of Employment
* The successful candidate will complete a 4-year apprenticeship programme with a 6 month probation period
* Part of a team working days & evening shifts to cover site support.
* Weekend work will be required, when applicable.
* Call out rota may also be part of this role which a premium will be paid to cover.
Visas for those who do not already have the right to work in the UK will be considered on a case by case basis according to business needs and resources.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all
|Posted on:||23 Feb 2021|