"The front page of the internet," (COMPANY NAME) brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
(COMPANY NAME) is seeking a Legal Operations Associate to join our growing team in Dublin and support the rxxxxx.xxm platform. As one of the founding members of the Legal Operations team in Dublin, you will help set business processes and work with different teams across the company to enable the business to grow and scale.
The Legal Operations team works on a wide variety of issues that help the products and (COMPANY NAME) communities grow by keeping users safe, defending their right to privacy & free expression, and counseling the business on complex issues. Are you a detail-oriented, proactive, team player with a passion for online speech and privacy issues? Are you a fan of r/todayilearned, r/gameofthrones or r/upliftingnews? Then we want to hear from you!
* Review and process legal content removal requests, with a particular focus on EU removal requests (incl. NetzDG) and DMCA/copyright removal requests.
* Create internal processes and workflows that help mitigate legal risk in these areas.
* Identify and clearly communicate trends, and use this information to inform decisions on policy/workflow development.
* Use excellent judgment to determine user needs and make recommendations for appropriate solutions.
* Troubleshoot and identify bugs or user-related issues and work with our stakeholders to seek resolutions or fixes while mitigating risk.
* Work with the Legal team and cross-functionally with Anti-Evil Operations, Community, Sales, Business Development, and Engineering in order to efficiently carry out your responsibilities.
* Provide weekend cover for the Legal Operations team (Saturday and Sunday), as well as three days during the work week.
* The shift for this role is: three weekdays and Saturday & Sunday.
* 2+ years relevant work experience, specifically handling content removal requests and/or DMCA/copyright requests.
* Languages: English and German.
* Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Team player.
* Eagerness to learn new things and comfortable handling chaos.
* Motivated self-starter who thrives in unstructured environments on an evolving team.
* Ability to work and make decisions independently.
* Calm under pressure.
* Familiarity with secondary liability issues and laws in the US and abroad (e.g. DMCA, CDA).
* You may also be required to help the team process Emergency Disclosure Requests (EDRs) as needed