Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Team/ Function Overview:
Markets Data team is building the next generation Data fabric to solve for Business, Analytics and growing regulatory needs. Vast amounts of data assets have been accumulated through the years. Data fabric built on emerging technologies will facilitate the data being inspected, cleansed, transformed for support decision-making
Role / Position Overview:
This job involves being part of a dynamic team and contributing towards software development of core components within the next generation Big Data Platform. The ideal candidate will have an eye for building and optimizing data systems and will work closely with our systems architects, data scientists, and analysts to help direct the flow of data within the pipeline and ensure consistency of data delivery and utilization across multiple projects
* As a UI Developer, you participate in defining system requirements and designing technical solutions to developing and testing enhancements
* You collaborate with client and project teams to turn business requirements into detailed design specifications, and then build or enhance systems to meet their needs
* Work with the server team to realize flow interaction, and communication interfaces
* Testing and QA coordination
* Liaison with the global business, support and development teams
* Troubleshoot performance and scalability issues
* Third line support of the platform during trading hours
Candidate has the opportunity to be a major contributor to the Citi Markets Data Strategy and contribute towards the goal of increasing revenue using key metrics for decision making. The candidate will work with bright and innovative individuals both on the business and technology side and the successful candidate can make a significant difference to the business performance
Knowledge / Experience:
- Extensive years of experience in UI development
- Experience working in a finance technology team a plus
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge in one of the major UI framework / libraries: React or Angular
- Experience working with RDMS
- Experience working with NoSQL a plus
- Experience with Data Streaming, Messaging Systems a plus
- Experience with Node.js a plus
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies
- Experience with modern software development practices (test-driven development, Agile continuous integration)
- Excellent communication skills (there is a requirement to be trader and sales facing)
- An enthusiastic 'can do' approach
- A positive and pro-active attitude
- A history of delivering against agreed objectives
- Willingness to learn
- Self-motivated and a desire to progress your career
- Flexible and adaptive, team player
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable in presenting suggestions for change and or improving work flow
- Ability to pick up new concepts and apply the knowledge.
- Understanding of financial concepts
Graduate or undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
What we Offer
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a early discretionary bonus Citi offer;
* 23 days paid annual leave
* Award winning pension scheme,
* Life assurance and
* Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi's commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer