Consider joining (COMPANY NAME), where our people are the most important element in our business. (COMPANY NAME) is a leading global contract laboratory organisation providing analytical, research and support services in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical arena to clients worldwide.
We currently have positions to join our innovative and multi award-winning Professional Scientific Services (PSS) programme as an employee of (COMPANY NAME). The programme places full-time analysts, assistants, technicians, scientists and technical support personnel managed by (COMPANY NAME) directly at the client facility to collaborate with the client, provide for long term staffing needs, while maintaining the same service, expertise and cGMP compliance available at our (COMPANY NAME) facilities. This award winning programme offers excellent career opportunities for people who have a proven track record in combining excellent technical ability with first class interpersonal and communication skills.
(COMPANY NAME) has a vacancy for a Laboratory Technician at a client site in Limerick. If you would like to work in a pharmaceutical laboratory environment and have the requirements listed below, we would love to hear from you.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for the management and delivery of samples from Production to QC Sample Management area in a timely manner.
* Responsible for carrying out water sampling in grey space sampling areas.
* Responsible for accurately logging samples into the relevant systems in a timely manner as required.
* Responsible for ensuring all relevant documentation is completed accurately and logged where necessary.
* Assisting laboratory analytical personnel and perform ad-hoc lab duties as required.
* To ensure that the autoclaves are operating correctly as per procedural requirements and that autoclave loads are carried out as per the validated load patterns.
* Responsible for carrying out all periodic autoclave checks.
* Responsible for cleaning laboratory and equipment as required e.g. autoclaves, BSC's etc.
* Responsible for the set-up and preparation of items to be autoclaved in a timely manner.
* Responsible for the day to day operation of the autoclaves.
* Immediately notify the supervisor or a customer representative, any anomalous or non-conformances.
* Participating in all training required and scheduled by the supervisor or the customer. Being prepared and on time for that training. Engaging in training processes and ensuring all information received is completely understood.
* Completion of training records, and ensuring that all records presented for review and approval are at the appropriate standard.
* Providing training to other team members as instructed by the supervisor. Ensuring all training delivered is documented appropriately.
* Ensuring at all times that all documentation and laboratory records are up to date and of an appropriate standard.
* Ensuring that all work carried out is approached "Right First Time" so as to avoid any re-work or errors.
* Being constantly aware of customer's requirements and striving to meet or exceed those requirements keeping in mind the customer process end points.
* Dealing with customer queries and to contact designated personnel with any relevant information or issues relating to test results or the service in general.
* Ensuring that all documentation is completed on time. Ensuring that it is accurate and legible and conforms to the relevant quality standards.
* Assisting in laboratory investigations as appropriate.
* Adhering to all customer standards in the areas of safety, housekeeping and quality, notifying management of any discrepancies.
* Keeping the work area clean and tidy in both 'seen' and 'unseen' areas.
* Identifying any opportunities for improvement of quality and service and work with the team to implement continuous improvement.
Education / Qualifications
* Degree in relevant scientific discipline.
* At least 6 months GMP experience.
* Minimum of 1-2 years record keeping experience (preferably electronic records).
* Good planning and organisational skills
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Good team player
* Strong IT skills
* Good communication skills both internally and externally
* Familiarity with pharmaceutical and/or laboratory operations (GMP, Documentation, Autoclaves, Sample Management) is a distinct advantage
This role does involve shift work