We are gathering several potential apprentices for different locations that will be interested in this role.
The Field Service Engineer will be responsible for meeting the daily service repair needs of the customer's equipment and driving customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
* Working with experienced field engineers on basic troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and service repair needs on designated equipment
* Completing Preventative Maintenance and Functional Management Inspections
* Ordering and managing repair parts cycle times
* Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner
* Learning to effectively communicate with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction
* Maintaining tools and test equipment properly and ensuring they are calibrated
* Meeting Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements
* Working with experienced field engineers on managing vendors' service delivery processes in compliance with GE Healthcare policies
* Learning to utilize the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues and conducting root cause analysis that will lead to effective problem solving
Working as a member of the local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area
* Ability to answer service calls independently without assistance within 1 year of employment
Please note: this is an Evergreen position, meaning that the Talent Acquisition Specialist will contact suitable candidates as soon as the intake for this vacancy opens. Currently we are gathering potential candidates who would be interested in this role.
* Degree in either Electrical Engineer, Engineering with a heavy focus in Electrical, or Biomedical Engineering Technology or pursuing a bachelor's degree with at least 3 years toward the program or equivalent knowledge or work experience
* Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner
* Change agent and process oriented
* Ability to show self-initiative & motivation
* Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process
* Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment
* Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns
* EU Work Permit
* Fluency in English and Italian
* Geographic/ travelling flexibility
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.