C3 is the leading AI software platform provider for digital transformation. The proven C3 Platform provides the comprehensive tools to build enterprise-scale AI applications 10 to 100x faster than alternative approaches. At the core of the C3 offering is the revolutionary C3 Type System-an extensible, model-driven AI architecture that dramatically enhances data scientist and application developer productivity. The C3 Platform supports any value chain in any industry with pre-built, configurable, high-value SaaS applications for predictive maintenance, fraud detection, sensor network health, supply network optimization, energy management, anti-money laundering, and customer engagement.
As a Data Scientist, you will participate in the definition of new analytics capabilities able to provide our customers with the information they need to make proper decisions to support our customers in operating the internet of things (IoT). In addition, you will help find the appropriate machine learning / data mining algorithms to answer these questions. Finally, you will be responsible for implementing this into the product and making it available to our customers.
Qualified candidates will have an in-depth knowledge of most common machine learning techniques and their application. You will also understand the limitations of these algorithms and how to tweak them or derive from them to achieve similar results at large-scale.
* Engage directly with customers to design and develop machine learning applications & solutions based on the C3 platform.
* Become an expert in the C3 platform and associated tools to teach, enable and assist C3 customers to build their own applications.
* Perform debugging, troubleshooting, modifications and unit testing of applications and solutions.
* Assess technical risks and come up with mitigation strategies.
* MS or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or equivalent fields.
* Applied Machine Learning experience (regression and classification, supervised, and unsupervised learning).
* Strong mathematical background (linear algebra, calculus, probability and statistics).
* Experience with scalable ML (MapReduce, streaming).
* Ability to drive a project and work both independently and in a team.
* Smart, motivated, can do attitude, and seeks to make a difference.
* Excellent verbal and written communication in both Italian and English.
* Regular travel (50+%) to customer sites is required.
* Knowledge in electrical engineering and cyber-physical systems is a plus.
* A portfolio of projects (GitHub, papers, etc.) is a plus.
C3 provides a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits.
C3 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status