As Associate Scientist you will be responsible for executing scientific experiments under limited supervision, contributing to the conception, design, and interpretation of scientific data in support of research projects.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
* Participates in the design of scientific research experiments under limited direction
* Works closely under the direction of scientific staff for the implementation of scientific experiments, data collection and their interpretation
* Utilizes scientific knowledge and experience to influence technical decisions
* Functions effectively as a team member on one or multiple projects
* Ensures timely sharing of information
* May train and oversee platform staff on equipment operation and data analysis and acts as trainer for colleagues with less experience
* Implements highest ethical standards, good scientific practices & data integrity in his/her daily scientific activities
* Participates in writing internal/external reports and scientific documents in support of internal projects
* Demonstrates awareness of the key research activities
* Prepares and presents scientific data in internal meetings
* Communicates effectively with manager, senior scientific staff and members from other Functions to ensure progression of project related work
* Communicates issues proactively
* Understands and applies established Health, Safety and the Environment policies. Actively participates in training, hazard identification and other HS&E programs. Stops any operation if unsafe or is out of compliance and reports it immediately to management.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
* Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Life Sciences or Chemistry or BSc/engineer with 0+ years related experience
* Good level of spoken, conversational and written English
* Clear and effective communication skills, oral and writing Growing ability to present scientific data
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
* Area of specialisation preferred: Molecular and Cellular Biology, Biotechnology, Microbiology , Functional Assay
* Innovative thinking is a plus, be able to identify link between different components of a problem or situation related to own work
Why (COMPANY NAME)?
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As (COMPANY NAME) focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
* Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
* Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
* Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
* Sustaining energy and well-being
* Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
* Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at (COMPANY NAME), please contact the (COMPANY NAME) Service Centre at 1-xxx-xxx-xxx7 (US Toll Free) or +1 xxx xxx xxx5 (outside US).
(COMPANY NAME) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
(COMPANY NAME) does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact (COMPANY NAME)'s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to (COMPANY NAME). The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and (COMPANY NAME). In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of (COMPANY NAME). (COMPANY NAME) shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, (COMPANY NAME) may be required to capture and report expenses (COMPANY NAME) incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure (COMPANY NAME)'s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit (COMPANY NAME)'s Transparency Reporting For the Record site
|Posted on:||05 May 2021|