RB is different: 'good enough' isn't good enough here. RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company, We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands like Nurofen, Strepsils, Mucinex, Dettol, Lysol, Finish and Vanish
A fantastic opportunity for an R&D Associate Genomics to join our team
The purpose of this role is to conduct or coordinate enzymatic, microbiology and molecular microbiology tests in the genomic team, following established or ad-hoc developed protocols. Support formulators in the development of new products. Develop new testing protocols related to microbiology, molecular biology, and enzymology. Support factory production manages a relationship with the external supplier and liaises with external partners to implement new technologies.
As an R&D Associate Genomics, you will:
* Coordinate microbiological tests (i.e. serial dilution plate counts) to evaluate the efficacy of formulations, finished products, and ingredients. Interpret results and document them in structured reports.
* Assure smooth laboratory operations as pH, water activity measurement, media sterilization, glassware, and reagents preparation. Assure lab equipment maintenance as necessary.
* Support RB formulators to minimize risks of microbiological contamination in finished products and in raw materials. Assess preservative efficacy test results and support to evaluate the microbiological risk of formulations.
* Scout, develop and evaluate a new testing protocol for application within the Fabric Care products.
* Liaise with suppliers, 3rd party manufacturers, universities, contractors and consultants or external laboratories to source and buy know-how externally.
* Laboratory activities: plan, define and execute laboratory experiments (stability tests, performance evaluation, etc). Interpret test results and document them in structured reports, also using statistical analytical tools.
* Support methods review, and literature and Patents search. Build detailed knowledge in relevant areas.
* Able to organize data in a comprehensive way. Support the publication of findings and protect intellectual property working with Patent/Legal Dept. Plan project activities evaluate and track project risks to help to manage them.
* The role may include responsibility for one direct report (e.g. R&D l technician).
Is this you?
* An excellent Master graduate degree in Biochemistry, Enzymology, or Biology with a strong applicative focus in the industrial application of enzymes and molecular biology.
* Some years of practical experience outside academia is highly preferred (industrial or R&D).
* Strong practical experience with qPCR, enzymatic assays, protein purification, and PAGE is preferred, supported by excellent presentation skills and hands-on microbiology lab experience.
* A proven capability to investigate scientific problems with an analytical mind on one hand and on the other hand to be able to explain and present key facts in a brief scientific and simple way.
* Excellent ability to present and communicate efficiently in English (mandatory).
* Good PC skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
* Good knowledge in Statistical programs and analyses (e.g. Minitab, DOE, ANOVA).
* A highly passionate individual with a pragmatic hands-on approach to daily activities: High level of technical input at both, practical and theoretical levels. Curiosity for science, passion for science, microbiology, biochemistry, and enzymology.
* Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills. Confident in taking calculated risks while maintaining high scientific standards.
* Strong business acumen and interest to apply the next innovation in FCMG products.
* Results oriented, determined and able to work in a high-pressure environment. Entrepreneurial and inventive in achieving solutions via out-of-the-box thinking.
* Strong motivational and interpersonal skills: effective team-player and net-worker, works efficiently in multifunctional teams.
* Availability to international business travels.
In return, RB offers very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organization.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game